AF: Challenger T/A, Charger Daytona add performance | Page 12 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenger T/A, Charger Daytona add performance

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

I HOPE he goes for it.

He is good at talking himself out of spending money though :p lol.

2. MRGTX

MRGTX Well-Known Member

I'm in love with these packages...If I made a list of what I wanted in a Challenger, the T/A 392 has all of it.

One question: It looks like these have new style wheels and pretty good looking ones at that. However, some of the literature has mentioned that they come with the wheel/tire package from the Hellcat...which are obviously not the same as what we're seeing on these show cars. So are the Hellcats getting new wheels or was the literature mistaken? Or....did I just read that wrong? I suppose they may have meant that the 275 tires (like the Hellcat) will be included.

In any case, I cannot wait to get a look at these up close.

3. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Well-Known Member

Jealousy is a stinky cologne. And Im wearing it too, after seeing Danno's collection!

I wouldn't kick that outta my garage either. Thought your Duster was more of a green? But the last pic I saw was at night, could have been the effect. Either way, good job keeping the original color and not going with resale red or some such. That car looks dialed in perfectly just as it is!

#223 grungerockjeeper, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
    Mike V. likes this.
  4. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

I believe that the Hellcat is getting new rims. I think I remember seeing these rims on a Hellcat pic somewhere recently....

MRGTX likes this.
  5. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Aw, shucks. LOL.

Maybe I should post up a separate thread and include everything that I have pictures of. Maybe one day...

UN4GTBL, wilbur and Mike V. like this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

That's actually 80% original paint and stripes!

Mike

grungerockjeeper and MoparDanno like this.
  7. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Same as the wheels on the debut of the Challenger TA 392 and the Charger Daytona 392.

[​IMG]

Mike

8. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Add it to the price. Money well spent.

9. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

That pic with durango pulling the duster looks like an old durango commercial.

10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

I was talking to quite a few Scat Pack owners this weekend on Woodward, and man all of them are upset about the T/A and Daytona 392 models. They are upset and feel that the Scat Pack is now being over shadowed by the Daytona especially for the Charger Scat Pack owners. Many of the Charger owners were angry that now you can get the 5.7L with the SRT looks, especially since that is what made the Scat Pack so special to the Charger R/T Scat Pack owners. Some were angry about the value of their car dropping with these models... or so they say.

It was funny, since I talked to three Challenger R/T Scat Pack owners and they all loved the T/A 392. Two of them said they would be trading up to get them. But it seemed to really take a toll with the Charger R/T Scat Pack owners. The six or so I talked to, said they had a few complaints about the car (all of which seem to be the same). 1.) 5.7L HEMI offering, all them said it should be something special. Which I responded it is to 5.7L HEMI buyers. 2.) The hood decal. Not many people liked it, everyone I talked to except for one person said that it would be the first thing taken off the car. 3.) Lack of real 392 badges not cheap looking 392 decals behind the front wheels.

11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Yes that is the new 2017 HELLCAT wheel option. There will be different colors and finishes as well.

MRGTX, somber and MoparDanno like this.
  12. jam1

jam1 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, been working on my mom's house past several days...... trying to get her buttoned-up before the weather begins turning colder..... burnout pics...... are GREAT!! LOVE IT!!
    Please allow me to share one funny one with everyone regarding burnouts...... a "few" years ago, had a two-door '79 Granada with factory I-6 and manual 4-speed(yep, you read that correct, FACTORY). Loved flooring it in 2nd while dumping the clutch rolling at least 20 m.p.h. BACKWARDS....... a be kind to me...... my dad had to co-sign loans for me and you would have thought he worked for Ford back then from talking with him..... I got him corrected a few years later ;) from the 90's onward and he purchased several RAMs, Challengers, Chargers, Durango, Dakota, etc.
    Sorry for O.T.

13. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

You could get away with a lot, with lousy tires... ;)

I've had someone jostle the shifter at 30 mph from Drive to Reverse - rear wheels suddenly going the wrong direction ... in a torqueflite automatic.

jam1 and Clinton H Davis like this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

15. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

I just realized something

It needs to say 392 HEMI... like it used to say 340 six pak, but stacked.

[​IMG]

UN4GTBL and grungerockjeeper like this.
  16. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Danno needs to know all options... .SOON :)

Only black stripes? Or are they going to white, and or red?

Plum Crazy with white stripes would rustle my jimmies a bit as well.... might make me come off the Yellow.

17. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Ohhhhhh!

Black, with red stripes, and red interior...

Damn that would be sexy.

grungerockjeeper likes this.
  18. wilbur

wilbur Well-Known Member

Purple and white stripes would be sick, even red or orange with white stripes are very sexy!!!

Wil

19. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Well-Known Member

Actually, I was thinking that would be a perfect thread. A place to show off pics of past and current Mopars owned.

MoparDanno likes this.
  20. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

How about Use Conner Ave to do a Charger/Challenger Custom paint jobs....