AF: Challenger T/A, Charger Daytona add performance | Page 14 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenger T/A, Charger Daytona add performance

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

I agree completely. Let the already developed product do the job. Just integrate said product with the car much better. There is no way a car company is going to be able to develop a product that is better than a smartphone. Don't waste money trying to re-invent the wheel.

The only dedicated CAR GPS that is of any use are the Rand McNally ones. Even those will soon be superceded by the capabilities of smartphones and tablets. Their is nothing any of the dedicated GPS products do, the ones in cars, too, that cannot be done better by a good software package for a smartphone or tablet device.

I just want my smartphone and tablet to have a better place to charge and sit when I am in my car. If there was a larger screen for my smartphone already in the car, bonus.

grungerockjeeper and MPE426HEMI like this.
  2. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Yeah, it would be nice if more vehicles offered places to put a phone/tablet like the new Pacifica and Rams with front bucket seats have.

I'm stuck putting mine in a cupholder when I'm not using it for GPS :/

MPE426HEMI likes this.
  3. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

I found a very nice expanding "vent clip" holder that I use (iPhone6S). My truck is my office, I log over 50k Miles a year on it running from place to place. So far, that is the best thing I have found. It requires the least amount of compromises.

4. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

Proclip USA - some of the finest phone holders out there. A little more money, but your phone is secure and available. I have used them in every vehicle I owned since 2005.

Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA

5. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I've used one of those before too.

I discovered that my old Nexus 5 in a case fits *perfectly* between the tach and speedometer in the 2011+ minivans. Works well for rental vans without GPS. My new phone is too big for that now though.

6. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I've seen those too, seem like a great product.

7. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

I will personally vouch for them and endorse them!

8. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Lol, I usually stand mine up in the cup holder too.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Yup, not paying for it. I'll use my phone instead.

10. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

I purchased the magic mount kit, works pretty awesome.

11. dodgeatheart

dodgeatheart Not THAT guy again!

So, since this pretty much makes the srt 392 a waste of money, are there changes coming for the srt models?

12. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Not a waste, different interior appointments and different, better suspension.

Mike

MoparDanno and UN4GTBL like this.
  13. dodgeatheart

For what, $5000, $6000? Last time I checked, that was about the same price as a supercharger...

14. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

2017 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 Starts at $45,090

2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 Starts at $50,195

Some will say the extra money is not worth it, others will not. Personal preference. My experience is that the suspension on the SRT 392 and other appointments still makes it work the money. It is a true SRT vehicle and there are some aspects of the T/A that as actually do not care for.

If your concern is price, the R/T Scat Pack is still the best bang for the buck especially if your goal is drag racing.

Mike

15. dodgeatheart

I'm well aware of the lineup, thanks. The differences between the Scat Pak and SRT 392 were significant enough to justify the price difference. Now that they have brought the brakes, tires, wheels down and made the Alcantara seats standard on the T/A and Daytona, that performance difference has been lessened.

The point of my post wasn't to argue my opinion here, my point was to draw out any potential changes to the SRT lineup, in hopes that they differentiate the SRT 392 a bit more from the T/A and Daytona packages.

16. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Well-Known Member

Moparian likes this.
  17. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Well-Known Member

Absolutely!! My only thought is how many times has a Hellcat sale been usurped by the 'Duster effect' of the Scat Pack 392? Much like the way the 340 powered A bodies came in and undercut the fresh new E bodies back in the day, the S.P. 392 offers what, 90% of the performance for half the price of the HC? Only downside is, it wont draw a crowd at a car meet like the HC...

18. Moparian

Moparian Well-Known Member

19. MoparDanno

Level III Supporter

Don't forget the SRT track experience that you get for free with the SRT392, vs the no track experience you get with the Scat or the T/A

That's not a cheap deal in and of itself.

Mopar392, UN4GTBL and Mike V. like this.
  20. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

I got my math straightened out now. Not wholly accurate, but much better than it was just a few days ago.

I'd think 1100 miles would be a bit too far north to travel, in my opinion. Better estimates of the distance to travel, have been mentioned before, in a number of threads.