AF: Challenger T/A, Charger Daytona add performance | Page 18 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenger T/A, Charger Daytona add performance

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Aug 16, 2016.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Well this next year... you'll have to come with us. My friends and I spent the whole week all over Woodward. Wednesday mornings the week of Woodward is usually when FCA shows off their new vehicle there. Thursday night is the best night to go, because people are actually driving. 12 and Woodward at the FCA display is usually Viper Night which we are usually there with the MCVO (Motor City Viper Owners), Friday was Roadkill (hearing their in talks for more excitement next year), Saturday is usually the day you get down early, I am talking like dawn and find a spot to see and watch all day. There is nothing wrong with modern muscle too. We have a car club that hangs out at Woodward Camera called Detroit Area Modern Mopars (DAMM). Lots of awesome machines. Rain or shine.

2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

That's the optional seats.

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

That's the T/A 392 seat....

The houndstooth is in the T/A with the 5.7L

Watch the 3:07 mark....

DGdaPilot likes this.
  4. Cudacam76

Cudacam76 Member

I'm really interested in getting a TA 392. Although when I equip it with the options I want. (A8, Sound II, Leather, Tech group, and Nav)... It's right at 50k. Hard not to just look at the SRT at that point.

5. runfromcheney

runfromcheney Member

Those look like the seats I have in my Challenger SXT.

6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Well here is the point... do you want retro livery or do you want the SRT with function adjustment three mode suspension and the SRT name.

7. runfromcheney

runfromcheney Member

Oh yeah, I've heard of Detroit Area Modern Mopars. A friend of mine was involved with the group before he moved to Arizona. I might swing by next year.

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Devin. He's got the B5 Mopar 15.

9. runfromcheney

runfromcheney Member

Now that they're in production I've tried reaching out to my Dodge dealer again to see if there's any better projection as to when they will be at dealers. The woman I'm talking to responded by saying that they're available to order and asked me if I'd like to order one. I told her that I'm not Donald Trump, I can't just go and buy a $45K car on a whim sight-unseen. I don't understand why I'm having such difficulty getting an answer to at least what I feel is such a simple question...even if they still don't know when the first ones will arrive that's all they have to tell me. I'm considering just calling Dodge customer support directly. Just confusing as to how its so difficult for me to get any information on this car or get any of my questions answered.

10. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

It can take 3-6 weeks for vehicles to get from production to dealers as long as there are no delays or holds in shipping.

We are still well within that window. Usually they will hold a new model from shipping until they have a certain amount.

All I can say is be patient, they are coming. I won't be surprised if the majority of dealerships don't have them early to mid January.

Mike

11. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels The "Front-Line" Perspective

Hey Mike, the T/A is still not showing as even being an orderable configuration for us Canadians - any ETA on when we can place an order?

12. Mike V.

Sorry no info on Canadian ordering... wish I could help :(

Mike

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  13. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

What I am interested in is as much performance for the buck. I don't want leather, I don't want nav, heated seats, or anything. I want all of the go fast parts for as little money as possible. A T/A would be nice.

14. runfromcheney

runfromcheney Member

The T/A gets a Mopar intake and Catback exhaust. It's advertised as having the same 375HP as the R/T but I imagine those parts add a little more power and Chrysler is just dumbing down the number so they don't have to recertify it. I think the Mopar Catback exhaust is standard on all Challengers for 2017 if I understand the press release correctly.

15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

All 2017 Challenger and Chargers with the 5.7L get a Mopar CAI unit... it's not the same as the CAI through the Mopar catalog. It's plastic compared to the aluminum one you order in the aftermarket. Should still make a horse power game though. Also all 2017 5.7 liter models get a SRT based electronic exhaust not the Mopar Cat-Back exhaust.

James A and wtxiceman like this.
  16. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

All things being equal, the plastic intake should out perform the aluminum intake as its less susceptible to heat soaking.

17. Mike V.

But, the plastic and aluminum intake components are not always equal. There are pros and cons to everything but little things like diameter or length variation and transitions can make a big difference.

For instance, my intake is carbon fiber and shaped to increase velocity going into a very smooth, as long as possible, 90 degree bend to a throttle body that is larger than stock.

After market Intakes tend to boil down to aesthetic preference more than anything.

Mike

#357 Mike V., Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    James A likes this.
  18. Mike V.

Daytona's are hitting lots as we speak!

Mike

19. Harry75

Harry75 Active Member

edit.

will not except pictures, only red crosses.

sorry.

20. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Guess what was spotted today :)

Attached Files:

RogerDodger8508 and Mike V. like this.