Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charger Pursuit suspension specs

Discussion in 'Police, Taxis, Ambulances, etc' started by Ryker637, May 24, 2014.

1. Ryker637

Ryker637 Member

What are the specifications of the Pursuit Package Charger, such as sway bar size and spring rates?

I'd like to know how they compare with the r/t, srt, and mopar upgrades.

2. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

Finally found some info, as I might make some changes when my '13 is out of warranty:

This is info for the 2014 Dodge Charger Pursuits, this information could also be used for 2011 - 2013 LD Chargers, but NOT for 2005 - 2010 LX cars, as the suspensions changed in 2011 !!

SUSPENSION

Charger Pursuit V-6 and V-8 (RWD)

Front:

Stabilizer bar 28 mm, solid

Shock type/rate Monotube (struts) with 340 lb./in.

Rear

Stabilizer bar 20 mm, solid

Shock type/rate Load-leveling NIVOMATs (shocks) with 652 lb./in.

Charger Pursuit V-8 (AWD)

Front

Stabilizer bar 32 mm, solid

Shock type/rate Monotube with 340 lb./in.

Rear

Stabilizer bar 16 mm, solid

Shock type/rate Load-leveling NIVOMATs with 652 lb./in.

3. TheMan

TheMan What color are the clouds in your world?
    Level III Supporter

You are confusing the issue. There are NO struts on the front. A "monotube" is NOT a "strut", it is a specific shock design.

Secondly, a "nivomat" is a specific TYPE of leveling shock built by SACHS (a division of ZF).

NIVOMAT-

http://www.zf.com/na/content/en/uni...rs_sachs_us/nivomat_folder_us/nivomat_us.html

MONOTUBE-

http://www.monroe.com/en-US/products/Reflex/Monotube-Shock-Absorbers/

Additionally the spring rate you show is NOT at the ground contact patch but for the springs themselves and are independent of the gas charged shocks at each wheel.

4. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

Thanks for the info, Bob, I copied it from another site. I do prefer to have the correct Chrysler terminology whenever possible, so it's appreciated.

The dealer that services my '13 Charger calls the front dampner a "strut", and parts relating to the dampner are referred to as such in the parts books, so that is what I based that from. I was aware of the Nivomat being a shock absorber.

Also, agreed on the spring rates. I believe Chrysler used to call those numbers "nominal values", so it seems that practice has carried on.

Perhaps if someone was inclined to compare specific parts from model to model, a trip to the boneyard might serve its purpose, as it's rather difficult to upgrade parts between models and trim lines in a system based on the VIN.

5. zeitgeist

zeitgeist New Member

Bringing up an older thread. Does the AWD swaybar fit the RWD cars? Is there a suspension specs sheet for SRT and R/T cars to compare to the police package cars? If so where? Are the spring rates listed above the actual spring rate or the wheel rate? The discussion was a bit confusing and it seems odd that the rear would be so much stiffer than the front as most cars use a stiffer front spring rate than rear rate so I assume the spec listed is spring rate only. Any help is appreciated.

6. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

All trimlines have different suspension tuning.

The Pursuit and SRT cars are, as one would expect, the top performers (the Pursuit holds the lowest lap time in MSP testing history) and also utilize some unique parts - with the squads being built towards the durability end, and the SRT's being built towards the performance end of the handling spectrum.

AWD cars are completely different up front, so no-go with that. I would suspect the rear anti-sway bar is either the same as, or would otherwise function in, a RWD car.

7. zeitgeist

zeitgeist New Member

Thanks for the general comparison. I would like to find the hard numbers for swaybars and spring rates and general comparison of dampers to see what parts can be interchanged to adjust handling and ride using OEM parts. I have autocrossed and done trackdays since 95 as well as done club racing for a few years and I like to OEM parts when I can as they often can be found cheap as take offs for others upgrading to aftermarket stuff and always fit and work properly. Using a larger rear swaybar often is the best bet for better balance or more rotation but sometime a smaller front swaybar or swapping springs can work as well or better. I used SRT4 rear springs and R/T front springs on my 02 R/T I used on track with good results since swaybars were the same. Knowing the actual differences helps make for better choices. I'm sure the info is out there just that it can be tough to find.

8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I can tell you that the Pursuit is insanely stiff. THe SRT is a far better daily driver even if the Pursuit can beat it.

valiant67 likes this.