Allpar Forums banner

Charkoda or Dakarger?

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Doug D 
#1 ·
See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
Hey, can't we at least give him some credit? He has a 1-of-1, or one-of-a-kind vehicle. Or, you could say that he couldn't find the exact truck that he was looking for, so he had to make it himself. Hey, for all we know this is just the PROTOTYPE of something to come in the near future. Let's give him some credit. He had a vision. A dream. It was first all in his mind. And, with his own talents and abilities, he brought it forth to fruition.

I'd say we can all agree that it is bound to get second looks from everybody who sees it. Right? And, yes, probably some people are going to be saying to themselves: What the heck?????

Oh, and one more thing. What we know about him is that he likes to be different. He's most certainly not a follow-the-crowd kind of guy! Which is why he is a MOPAR guy.

#10 ·
Hey, can't we at least give him some credit? He has a 1-of-1, or one-of-a-kind vehicle. Or, you could say that he couldn't find the exact truck that he was looking for, so he had to make it himself. Hey, for all we know this is just the PROTOTYPE of something to come in the near future. Let's give him some credit. He had a vision. A dream. It was first all in his mind. And, with his own talents and abilities, he brought it forth to fruition.

I'd say we can all agree that it is bound to get second looks from everybody who sees it. Right? And, yes, probably some people are going to be saying to themselves: What the heck?????

Oh, and one more thing. What we know about him is that he likes to be different. He's most certainly not a follow-the-crowd kind of guy! Which is why he is a MOPAR guy.
I truly admire you found a way to put a positive spin on that thing! That deserves some credit lmao!

#12 ·
I don't have a pic, but a HS classmate built his own unique vehicle. It was a '47 Ford with a Chevrolet 283 cu in engine, Cadillac steering wheel and a rear end from a Chevrolet Nova. It was black with flames on the front. His Dad ran a Texaco service station and literally built the car from the junkyard they had behind the station. Today he runs the station. The rear end had a 4:11 ratio so it was all takeoff and no top end. He could beat my '68 Camaro 327 V8 in the first 60', but he was mine after that. :)

His Dad had a beautiful '41 Ford. It was a really nice looking car (for a Ford).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.