AF: Chrysler’s “Identity” | Page 10 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler’s “Identity”

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by 1999 White C5 Coupe, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yup, you know a lot about GM vehicles, I definitely appreciate your input. We’re going to take a look when we’re ready, and there are a bunch of vehicles on our list including Traverse. I’m looking forward to the shopping process, it’s been a while for us and we want to take our time with the process...and have some fun. :)

HotCarNut and Ryan like this.
  2. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

My older daughter drove a 2002 Suburban 171,000 miles, the most bullet proof vehicle any family member has ever owned. The day she scheduled to sell it the left front wheel bearing failed. Carquest delivered one for a little of nothing to her truck stop and one of her mechanics installed it.

Her Merc GL550 left front wheel bearing failed at 41,000 miles and Allen Samuels Mercedes charged a mint for repair. Warranty was up. Power steering failed at 70,000 miles. Left front suspension air bag busted at 89,000 miles. Both replaced for $1400. I bragged my like-new 2007 PT Cruiser didn't even have suspension air bags.

Bajanbuoy, hmk123 and wtxiceman like this.
  3. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

I had a couple of Acadias ('08 and '09) and we really liked them. I haven't been in the latest generations, but they've been hugely successful for GM and I see a lot of older ones still running which is always a good sign.

4. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I see a lot of the GM trio (Acadia, Enclave, & Traverse) where we are. Honestly, I could live with any of them, since no single vehicle is screaming "THIS IS THE ONE" to us right now. Maybe once we start looking in earnest.

5. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Just remember that the newest Acadia shrunk pretty dramatically and isn't the size of the Enclave & Traverse anymore. Big mistake IMO, but GM does dumb stuff like every other manufacturer. The Enclave is still probably my favorite of the three from a full-package perspective.

6. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yup, the space behind the third row looks much smaller in pictures for Acadia. Initially I thought it might be ok, and may be a better choice for my wife to drive it because it’s a little smaller...she’s not the most confident of drivers. But we’re thinking we’ll want the most interior space we can get because you may need it on occasion. Her twin sister got used to driving a Traverse, so anything is possible...lol.

The Enclave is our favorite, but you can’t get non-leather seats except for the base version (no AWD). The only version of Acadia without leather seats is the AT4 version. With Traverse, there are a few more options as are there with Explorer and Durango.

We plan on looking at a bunch when we start shopping, but several will probably be crossed off early because the cargo room and/or 3rd row are too small.

We were thinking of an Aviator, or another luxury CUV, but we can’t see putting out that much $$ for something that’s just going to get destroyed by the kids anyway.

HotCarNut and page2171 like this.
  7. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

Pacifica? :cool:

Zagnut27 and AvengerGuy like this.
  8. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Hearing rumors that a Chrysler CUV is going to be unveiled at NYIAS. Can anyone confirm? I'm surprised we haven't been seeing any mules other than the old Grand Commander ones from like a year or so ago.

9. Powdered Toast Man

Ah yes, the fabled Chrysler CUV that's "coming".

10. valiant67

valiant67 ...

They've now got two plants that will have available capacity - Belvidere and Windsor - for some type of Chrysler product.
    I'd like to believe, but the football has been pulled away too many times.

Bajanbuoy, wvutuba, HotCarNut and 6 others like this.
  11. mrkovash

mrkovash Active Member

I understand it will be introduced along with the Dart SRT turbo lol

somber, Bajanbuoy and page2171 like this.
  12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

There are two Chrysler crossovers that were worked on. One is the Portal and the other is the Grand Commander. The latter should have been fairly inexpensive to redevelop for the US; it was after all based on the Cherokee.

It would be “bad” if they got the point on either or both where they were nearly done, and they realized that they would not be competitive.

I really don't know what the holdup is, but I would have thought if it was going to be produced at Windsor, they would not release the second shift.

page2171 likes this.
  13. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Lol that one hurt :D

page2171 likes this.
  14. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Wasn’t there a third, a ways back, the “RA” a CUV based on Pacifica though it may have started as a Dodge?

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  15. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

According to a statement from unifor the Canadian union. As far as new product at Windsor, nothing has been promised. They will try to secure product at this years negotiations. A spare change sum of 55 million was to go to Belvedere, so nothing happening there over the short term either. I look for nothing new at those plants until the merger is sealed and Carlos takes over.

Ernesto and AvengerGuy like this.
  16. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yes, I think you’re right. IIRC it was going to be a Dodge, but it was shelved because “no one would’ve been happy with it”...I’m paraphrasing, but I think that was the gist of it.

17. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Oh yes the RA. On again off again CUV. Not long ago rumor had it back on. Must be back off again. Instead Chrysler brand was allocated 3 dollars for Voyager.

Bajanbuoy likes this.
  18. Powdered Toast Man

It would not surprise me in the least if they had products that were near done in development and they got shelved. I mean this is the company that developed and launched an all new mid size sedan and then killed the entire line in its second year on the market.

This is why some of us are incredibly sceptical of any suggestion of new product for any brand that isn't Jeep or Ram where we have no visual proof it exists.

19. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

I don't know, those Voyager badges look like they cost at least $5. ;):D

20. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

Don't worry...They were made in India...DIRT CHEAP!:p:D

Adventurer55 and page2171 like this.