AF: Chrysler’s 300 SRT Pacer Edition Arrives In Dealers Down Under | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler’s 300 SRT Pacer Edition Arrives In Dealers Down Under

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by HoboChangba, Jun 23, 2020.

1. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

FCA isn’t running a charity.

You need a sustainable business case.

2. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

No doubt. Moreover, FCA is in the business of developing value propositions that resonate with customers and are therefore sustainable, not developing duds.

3. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

Everything they've done in the last 10 years has pushed me so far away I even went back to dirt cheap but reliable econo box. That's how FCA resonates with me.

We had a 38' Plymouth, 68' Charger, 79 D100, 84' K car, 98' Intrepid, 2010 Charger and now I've gone to Honda. If I voice that I dislike like a product, feature or company direction my posts are deleted and I'm threatened by mods.

That is the current Chrysler culture, glad I'm walking away.

4. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

You're not threatened, you manage to derail the tread most times or keep pushing the issue. there's a time and place for everything

tlc and dodgeismycar like this.
  5. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

For all the FCA apologist yall do know that there is no business case for not offering the 300SRT when its already produced. Even if you make it only upon ordering request there is no business model for not producing the SRT or a hellcat variant.

In the prior post someone said FCA is in the business of developing value propositions that resonate with customers and are therefore sustainable, not developing duds please tell me the sales analysis of offering a car you already produce and do no advertising as you dont advertise the 300 now. Please tell me how in the world are you losing money by making the 300SRT or Hellcat available upon request only in america, when it comes down the same assembly line as it does now. I like fca and used to love it but sometimes people give them excuses when there is no excuse other than someones opinion.

Its no financial or viable reason that the 300 does not have a SRT in america or even a Hellcat option other than sheer opinion or personal belief. My belief is Maserati is the reason, why buy a Ghibli when a 300SRT can be a better faster vehicle and I know some one here say it has nothing to do with Maserati as they have said before but now that I know its not certification, "the biggest lie" that this and other forums have said for years, what other reason could it be. Lastly the Ghibli sucks and is one of the lowest rated cars in its segment. Why would anyone buy that car at its price is beyond me. Its a reason why its the lowest selling car in its segment also.

Suhail and jimboy like this.
  6. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

You are agreeing with me although it sounds like you are arguing. Perhaps you are just ranting...

HoboChangba, randy1911 and Morty like this.
  7. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

I don't think it was just price that caused the decline in sales, although they should have planned for regular more incremental increases until the marque was solidly established (SRT). Once the value was there, then the prices could be increased, maybe after the first decade or so of improvements.

The second gen was a little too refined I think, and could have used a little more toughening, but was overall a big improvement, the current one is both brutish and refined, the perfect combo, IMO. Chrysler, DCX, FCA, whatever they call it, just can't seem to focus on the brand(s) the way they need to in order to have long term success, it's one of the reasons so many people are leaving the company, both as customers and employees. I don't want to guess or beg for my next new vehicle, I want some certainty that the product I prefer to purchase will remain in the lineup, and not be replaced with something totally different with every new generation.

It truly was a modern halo car for Chrysler, and dropping it was inexplicable after 20 years of looking for just such a vehicle to head the lineup!

Suhail likes this.
  8. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

The crazy thing is it's not too late FCA is just stubborn they can do it right now with no cost issue but they refuse to for who knows why? Secondly they can make a hellcat again no cost issue the parts are there but it's like having a bunch of blank canvas but you don't like painting it makes no sense.

jimboy likes this.