Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler 2.4 liter 4 cylinder intake manifold

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by AllanC, Aug 13, 2017.

1. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if a 2015 Jeep Patriot with 2.4 liter 4 cylinder engine uses the flow control intake manifold system? This electrically controlled flapper valve in each intake runner appeared with the debut of the world engine in the 2007 and later time frame. I believe it was trouble prone so I am wondering if Chrysler is still using it in these engines.

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

It is mentioned in the 2015 service information along with the Multi-Air system. I haven't found the Manifold Flow Control valves to be particularly trouble-prone, but if they do fail there really is no service other than replacement for them.

3. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

So am I correct in thinking that the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder (no multiair system) still used the intake manifold valves. I have seen a few YT videos where individuals remove the intake manifold and use solvent to free stuck valves on these manifolds with the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder. I can see where crankcase ventilation vapors get routed past the flapper valves and can cause sticking.

Thanks IC.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Yes. The 2.0L/2.4L GEMA world engines use the flow control valves, at least in the U.S. market.

RonGD likes this.