AF: Chrysler 300 Returns To Service For The 2019 Model Year: | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler 300 Returns To Service For The 2019 Model Year:

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I don't like that it turns the low setting on. I like my vented seats on high all the time.

2. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Is there a future for our 300?
    At least ten more years ?
    What do you think?
    Are you in favor for it?
    Your comments will be very important, so please give us your opinions.
    Thanks.

3. OneGunzo

OneGunzo Well-Known Member

Had a 2006 300 and still have my 2010 SRT8. Love them to pieces! Take the 12" RAM display and put it into a 300. Yes, but a dam SRT, Hellcat and Redeye in a 300. Not putting those engines in the 300 is harming sales. I like the 'put a fast engine in 1 year, then leave it out, then put something else in another year' approach.

I do not like the look of either the Charger and Challenger so they're not even options for me. 300 has been and remains an awesome vehicle. Would love to see it upgraded!

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator

Unfortunately, the 300 is in its final innings. There is no reason to invest additonal monies into the current vehicle.

Mike

5. Mike V.

Unfortunately, you will either have to move to the Charger or Challenger at some point or find a different vehicle alright, like a Grand Cherokee for instance.

Mike

6. Mike V.

That would be great, but I think a sporty midsize RWD/AWD Dodge sedan and midsize RWD/AWD Dodge CUV would make more money and, along with the future Charger and Challenger, fill Brampton’s capacity rather than keeping the 300.

As much as I love the 300, the full-size sedan market may be complete gone in 8-10 years. CUV’s are the future.

Mike

Ryan likes this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

My opinion is that the 300 is likely dead. $6k cash on the hood hasn't spurred sales significantly. I wish this wasn't the case, but once you start heavily discounting a model it's hard to pull that back. Example: the new 2019 Cherokee is seeing incentives ramp up significantly after the 2018 lead the way with very high incentives. Once your buyers expect $6k off the 300, it takes the profit away from any refresh or replacement.

Ryan and Mike V. like this.
  8. BASONE88

Supporter

I think that one is scheduled for - after - the official product cycle ends..;)

GasAxe likes this.
  9. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

I would guess fleet sales of the 300 to "black car" services would help keep production alive on a year to year basis until the new models need the production space on the line.

For those like myself who wish for more bench seats, there was some information posted a while back that the middle front seat would require(IIRC?) an airbag which means a whole new center stack design. Buckets separated with a giant console solve that issue by removing the possibility of a middle passenger.

wtxiceman likes this.
  10. eaglecars

eaglecars Well-Known Member

Chrysler has been building fantastic large cars since at least the LH cars in the early 90s. I think they should keep their flagship large sedan, but it needs an exciting makeover. Dodge has been generating plenty of buzz surrounding the Charger and Challenger; Chrysler needs to find a way to do the same, even if it takes a different path than Dodge.

Mopartial, BASONE88 and Donte Lindsey like this.
  11. Matthew

Matthew Is pushing for progress!

I don't know what year you have but my 2018 jeep Cherokee the heated wheel and vented/heated seats are grouped under the same button so you only have to have the one button on the screen and hit it to operate them.

12. Matthew

Matthew Is pushing for progress!

I know why I bought my 2018 Cherokee in February there was not that much on the hood like 3k even though all the press had been reviewing the new 2019's and the dealer wanted a premium price for it they wanted 45K for my limited equipped (fully loaded every option but tow) the way that I wanted it. I got them down to 38K by threatening to walk out on the deal, to get it with my 10k down to the monthly payment that I wanted.

My dealers site says that they have 3k retail buyer cash on it (less for those that finance through Chrysler IE their finance partner) I am betting that as the 2018 clear out that will go down too, as right now they are compeating to get customers into 2019 as they also try to clear out 2018's and I know it looks like my dealer still has a good number of 2018 and I am seeing quite a few 2019's so it looks like people like the refresh. (they did quite a bit of work)

#32 Matthew, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  13. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

Not according to my wife. She drives our Durango, but because it needed service she had my 300c for the week. She told me how much harder it was to drive than the Durango because of the size, lack of vision both backing up and in traffic.
    I love it...but have to admit the Durango is a great ride too.

14. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

This is why the Journey and Grand Caravan are going away. You can only not update and rely on bargain pricing for so long.

15. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

None of you answered the question.
    Please back to the main question.

HotCarNut and wtxiceman like this.
  16. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I am totally in favor of a new or refreshed 300. With Ford pulling out and GM probably thinning out their sedan offering there is a market for a more grown up/upscale version of the Charger, There is hardly anything like it anymore, other than the Charger which with its aggressive looks appeals to different buyers. The 300 still stands out when you see them on the street. Even the original 300C and 300SRT8.

Chrysler would help itself with more marketing on how a 300 is on a different level compared to say a FWD Avalon or Maxima. And while the PentaStar is great do highlight the V8. Focus on fun and the smile it provides when one is behind the wheel of a 300. And don’t follow the Germans offering tech for the sake of tech. In the end common sense usually prevails. The new Audis for example are such a turn off...

Bajanbuoy, Mopartial, danbek and 2 others like this.
  17. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

Flying cars are the future. That's what they have been saying ever since I can remember.

In ten years a lot of us Boomers will either be too broke, disabled, or dead to buy cars. With such a large demographic removed from the market, what will people buy? Will people in the younger demographics want to buy the vehicles grandpa or mom drove? Every generation's family bus has fallen by the wayside. The 3-row wagons, custom vans and then the minivan were labeled mom or pop-mobiles by the kids shuffled around in them, and those vehicles are no longer cool.

Right now we are raising a generation of people who only know life through their smart phone. The social media wizards are convincing the younger set into renting electric scooters through some app. What will today's teenagers aspire to drive in the future? Will social media even allow them to have independent aspirations?

18. JRS200x

Level 2 Supporter

The 300 isn't long for this world, it's obvious by the $6000 incentive currently on the vehicle. You have that kind of incentive and sales are still sluggish...

Erik Latranyi and Mike V. like this.
  19. somber

somber 370,000 miles

I love my 300C. In my opinion, the styling stands out from the crowd. But the discounts needed to sell the car indicate there are not enough people out there who like it to continue to build it. Mine was one year old when I bought it, and I got it for 1/2 of the original MSRP. Since I keep my cars for well over 10 years on average, I'm out of the market for a while. I expect by the time I have to replace it, I'll be looking at electric vehicles.

20. ECT72

ECT72 Active Member

Definitely yes. Make the car a stunner with good power/economy and it will sell and make money-period. It MUST separate from the herd with fantastic styling though