AF: Chrysler 300 Returns To Service For The 2019 Model Year: | Page 8 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler 300 Returns To Service For The 2019 Model Year:

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

Pacifica
    Medium CUV (????)
    Large SUV (Atlantic/Aspen)
    Portal

2. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

Does anyone remember Redriderbob posting? This could be a seller if done right.

chrysler-atlantic.jpg

3. Donte Lindsey

Donte Lindsey Active Member

Yes and if I recall it was supposed to be truck based. This looks really good

4. Donte Lindsey

Donte Lindsey Active Member

I think the Pacifica wasn't priced appropriately and the Aspen was made during a tough time in Auburn Hills.

5. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Oh, no !

jwp44, patfromigh and wtxiceman like this.
  6. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Pacifica (extended minivan)
    Portal (compact minivan)
    Unnamed (medium CUV)*
    Unnamed (large CUV)**

*PT Cruiser?—California Cruiser?—Coastal Cruiser?—Custom Cruiser?—CT Cruiser?—QT Cruiser?—
    **Atlantic?—Atlantis?—Arctic?—TownAndCountry?

7. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Allpar Legacy

FCA considers the Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid as two models.

Therefore, if we are to have 4 models, it will probably be:

Pacifica
    Pacifica Hybrid
    Chrysler CUV (Journey replacement)
    Chrysler CUV Hybrid (Journey replacement)

Judas Shuttlesworth likes this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Redriderbob has said 6 vehicles by 2022 if you could the hybrids separately.

MPV:
    Portal
    Pacifica
    Pacifica PHEV

CUV:
    Pacifica-based
    Cherokee-based
    Pacifica-based PHEV

The 300 could overlap some of these too since it still has a little while before discontinuation.

9. Judas Shuttlesworth

Judas Shuttlesworth Active Member

Whether it's 2019 or 2020, hopefully it doesn't get decontented on it's way out.

10. Jason E

Jason E Active Member

So the general consensus is, there is zero chance for a re-designed 300?

If that's the case, I can't express how disappointed I am. FCA can fund Maserati and Alfa, and make piddling on them...and Marchionne preached about needing size and volume to survive...but let's allow a mainstream brand that had volume to die off. Many here may remember, in the midst of the last SUV boom, a revolutionary 300 sold extremely well. Not everyone wants a damn crossover...

While I have not purchased my last FCA product (planning on a Wrangler in 3 years, as the 300 has a Lifetime Maxcare and I plan to keep it a very long time), it appears I have purchased my 1 and only Chrysler branded product, and that's a shame. Hell, apparently that's what they want, anyway....

11. Erik Latranyi

Since they are stuffing rental fleets with 300s, I would not be surprised to see more low-trim models to minimize costs.

12. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

I loved it when I saw the drawing the first time, (the Pacifica could use this front end treatment) it will never see production as it would cannibalize Jeep Wagoneer sales if/whenever that SUV makes it debut. And the supposed new RAM based Dodge Durango makes even less of a case for a large Chrysler SUV.
    Now with that said...FCA could use the styling cues from this drawing to make a large FWD Traverse/Enclave fighter.
    The Dodge Charger covers all the bases...from low trims to hellcats. The 300 (FCA's fault to a large degree) has regressed considerably since the first generation. It's not a car buyers covet anymore, the Charger stole it's thunder.
    The 300 is a car the Chinese would like: plush, comfortable and with decent power...but the 300 ain't getting a second act in China, that boat sailed for Hong Kong a decade ago. Ha!

freshforged likes this.
  13. Erik Latranyi

Remember FCA tried to drop the lower trims on the 300 initially. As that was happening, all the "experts" were talking about Chrysler going upscale and not offering "base" models.

Then came the new 200 and the LX trim, followed by lower trims of the 300 as well as the 300C with the Pentastar. FCA gave in and diluted the Chrysler brand instead of sticking to its guns on the strategy.

The Pacifica started with only higher trims and now is playing in the lower end of the market as well.

The only people FCA has to blame is themselves.

14. Jason E

Jason E Active Member

And this continue to makes zero sense to me, unless they're planning to kill Chrysler brand. The 300 has been the halo car for the division for 20 years. Its been a car people like. Indeed, its not as flashy as it once was, but even Motor Trend in its recent test of a 2018 S model found a lot to like about it. You don't see the Europeans and Japanese abandoning the sedan market like the Americans...yet, who have the Americans chased for decades now, only to continually lose to?

Again, if someone put EFFORT into a sedan like the 300, it would sell, especially as more and more sedan options get yanked. When gas prices spike again, Chrysler will be screwed all over again...

#154 Jason E, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018
  15. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

Seems like American automakers are conceding the sedan market and are turning to just making the things they are good at...SUVs, Trucks, and in FCA's case Minivans.

Short term gain, for long term loss.
    Chrysler going lower market makes the brand look cheap and on the decline. Perception is everything.
    Dodge could go lower end, because the people didn't see Dodge as a high end brand.
    Now for (all intents, and purposes) Dodge has more high end models than Chrysler does...who would of thought that there would of been "non-Viper" $70, $80, or $90,000 Dodges. It's like bizarro world. LOL

You can move a brand (Dodge) upmarket, but moving a brand (Chrysler) downmarket, usually never works.

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  16. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Agree—they took a zoom-suit gangster cruiser and let it mellow into a golf-shirt goodfella grocery getter.

17. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

I read these posts and all I see is what the company is doing to us- what about what we are doing to the company? If 75k luxury 300 would sell, they would be making it. They’ve found that people pay 75k for trucks, suvs and 200 mph sedans, all of which they make and sell today. I’m sure they are doing their best to to do their best, with well researched plans.

Or it’s just Monty Burns wringing his hands together as he shuts off the oxygen to sector 9...

18. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

My 2015 is nice but it needs some tweaks to stay ahead of the imports, especally at near Mercedes prices.

19. jerseyjoe

Flush mounting I have seen is more reflective and harder to read in sunlight. I think it can stay where it is but face the driver a little more. It's hard to adjust when alone and stopped with summer sun shining in.

HotCarNut likes this.
  20. jerseyjoe

75k may be good for some but 26k is my absolute limit. Some one needs to think about retirees. The 75k vehicles have few homes in the practicle world. I go shopping and in the parking lots high end vehicled are rare and stand out in a crowd. Sideways in the parking spaces.