AF: Chrysler 300 Returns To Service For The 2019 Model Year: | Page 9 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler 300 Returns To Service For The 2019 Model Year:

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by redriderbob, Jul 16, 2018.

1. TheViking

TheViking Active Member

Apparently you've never been to Short Hills Mall.

jerseyjoe likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

After incentives you can get a brand new 300 Touring for $24,390.

GasAxe, wtxiceman and HotCarNut like this.
  3. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it’s been discussed that in order to offer that price, you need to sell millions of them, and they can’t. Chevy can’t. Ford can’t. They are abandoning the market to let some else try to get a slice of that razor thin margin. I won’t be surprised when personal vehicle ownership will be only for the wealthy few. And I’m willing to bet most communities are not set up with enough public transportation

freshforged and HotCarNut like this.
  4. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Ironically, that would be a return to the late 19th and early 20th century....or really most of human history. Personal transportation has historically been a luxury, and the faster it moved, the more it cost. The economic boom after WWII changed that dynamic in America, but over the long-term I wonder if it's sustainable. Private taxi services like Uber and Lyft, big investments by increasingly dense urban markets in transit, the proliferation of bike & ride-sharing services.....all of these erode the idea of private transportation as necessity rather than luxury.

edgecrusher and sickboy like this.
  5. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Yes I have, the girls were fine and I could only afford overpriced coffee.

TheViking likes this.
  6. jerseyjoe

Yeah, unlucky me got a 2015 300S for 31k without dealer offering an alternative. 300 touring in medium grey is a whole bunch better looking than my black S. Only one I could afford at the time so I was made to beleive. I was used to dealer integrity of 12 years ago. I'll get over it if i can find an even trade.

7. jerseyjoe

Prediction, gonna go out of buisness competing with BMW, Merc, and Audi, not to mention VW.

8. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Unsustainable is the key word. This new creative financing and loan terms are the start. Most Americans are so overextended there is no longer a chance of saving money to better themselves. History of capitalism is full of “market adjustments”- I believe we will see one soon. But this is off topic

HotCarNut and freshforged like this.
  9. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

I think if you could get people in them for a test deive they would fly off the lots. Especially at that price.
    At least my opinion.

Ryan likes this.