AF: Chrysler Airflow Concept | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler Airflow Concept

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Archknight, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Archknight

Archknight Well-Known Member

FreeLantz likes this.
  2. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

That door shape looks like the Portal's door shape. That coupled with the Pacifica Hybrid mentioned in the article makes me think this is the "real life" version of the Portal.

3. Archknight

4. Archknight

I hope you're right, as the brand needs some of the attention that's been placed so heavily on Jeep and RAM. Chrysler needs product and fast, this would be a great addition to the lineup, as it looks sleek and modern. I assumed the exterior was overdone to throw people off, as the interior looks production ready.

5. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

I know it’s a sketch, but the lines and track look more like Stelvio than Pacifica. Could this CUV be based on revised Giorgio underpinnings a la next-gen GC and upcoming Dodge UV? Again, this would be counter to everything we’ve heard about the intent for Chrysler’s CUV lineup and I freely acknowledge that this is just a concept sketch...

Max Wedge, Zagnut27 and Godot like this.
  6. codypet

The "contents" of the dash are very much C200 concept to me. It might be ready to go.

Tail lights might be consistent with the rendering we just saw in the Pacifica refresh.

7. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

Dear Lord:

Please let this NOT be vapor-ware.

Amen.

Max Wedge, v.b., Zagnut27 and 12 others like this.
  8. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Two years ago we saw the Portal concept and were told of upcoming CUVs for the Chrysler lineup.
    All we've seen in those two years is renaming the lower trim level Pacifica to Voyager and huge discounts on 300.
    I won't believe anything until it is on sale in the showrooms.

Edit: oops! Portal will be three years ago!

Bajanbuoy, somber, FreeLantz and 11 others like this.
  9. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

The interior is awesome. Hoping it transfers mostly intact to whatever vehicle it’s intended.

10. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I hope to see some real buttons if this makes it to production. Not a big fan of pure touch screens...

11. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

I’m not a fan of touch screens either. However it seems we are stuck with them. This is the best looking integration I have seen. I cannot stand the long tablet dash of Benz and the new Escalade.

I am a huge fan of redundant buttons for those of us who hate taking our eyes off the road to adjust anything.

UN4GTBL and hmk123 like this.
  12. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

This is where "listening to the customer" is difficult. Customers in benchmarking studies have stated they don't like the amount of time their eyes are off the road to operate touch screens. However, in nearly the same breath they'll say they "x" brand is more advanced because they have touch screens all over their car. You can bet the latter is more important to the sale and reputation of the brand than the former in many manufacturer's eyes.

Mercedes wouldn't be to touch screens like they are if they had their way.

Donte Lindsey and jclick like this.
  13. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

I like the design direction I'm seeing here. Finally someone has figured out how to NOT screw up the C-pillar on these crossovers. I know Mr. Gilles loves how wheels are to look. This is one concept where the 80's Turbo wheel design would have worked perfectly.

[​IMG]

jimboy likes this.
  14. codypet

IIRC Ralph said on Autoline I think if you listen to what people want in a car in those focus groups, they'll describe a minivan to a T. Then when you them that they want a minivan that person will be like "no I don't".

XRT2SRT, somber, Dave Z and 8 others like this.
  15. flffddy

flffddy Active Member

Interesting that the Chrysler Airflow doesn't have a single Chrysler badge on it, not even on the steering wheel.

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  16. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

It's a sketch/render. You could argue the whole front end has a logo that goes from light to light, just doesn't say chrysler

17. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I think those writing the articles are assuming it's a Chrysler based on the Airflow name, not because FCA has said it's a Chrysler concept.

Adventurer55 and Donte Lindsey like this.
  18. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Well, if the suppliers start to make componentry, that will be a pretty good sign. Sure, GM and Ford may be killing off new and almost new sedans and whatnot, but FCA already took the scalpel to it's practically new stuff several years ago with the Dart/200 debacle.

I think that's where a Journey replacment comes in. They could use the Pacifica platform. My parents traded theirs for a Grand Cherokee for the AWD, but my sister with the baby traded her Patriot in for a Journey. Only bad thing about that, she has trouble getting up her driveway if an ice storm hits.

Well, first, it has NO badge, and yet, as mopar22 argues, it actually has the outline of the Chrysler wing badge in the nose. Second, it's not always wise to read too much into the lack of something, especially in a sketch.

Perhaps true, but as Airflow is a known historical Chrysler, why would we assume it WASN'T a Chrysler.

UN4GTBL, Donte Lindsey and jclick like this.
  19. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The thing is GM and Ford has CUVs in place before they eliminated the sedans. Chrysler has killed 2/3 of its vehicles (face it, the 300 is dead, the damage done to it over the last 5 years would take 10 years to undo) and hasn’t added a single CUV despite lots of long rumored ones since the 200/Dart announcements was dropped 4 years ago! Long enough to have developed a CUV from scratch, yet none are for sale under the Chrysler brand - even though there are plants with unused capacity for them.

20. codypet

That's a good point. The Grand Wagoneer was supposed to come shortly after the Dart and 200 were cancelled, but we were told we had to wait for the plant shuffle.

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.