AF: Chrysler Airflow Concept | Page 3 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler Airflow Concept

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Archknight, Jan 2, 2020.

1. FreeLantz

FreeLantz Well-Known Jeeper

Well, it is encouraging to see them doing anything with the Chrysler brand at this point, and using a name from the company's innovative past is a nice touch. I hope it leads to something!

UN4GTBL, Quambi and hmk123 like this.
  2. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

It's more than just that.

Hasn't anyone noticed in the rendering that the tail light design bears at least SOME resemblance to the Chrysler winged logo?

Edit: OOPS!!...I just realized that was a rendering from another Allpar member.

"Never Mind". (Spoken in the voice of the late great Gilda Radner).:oops::oops:

#42 77 Monaco Brougham, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  3. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

DeSoto had once its own version of the Airflow.

Interesting to note then the Airflow had once inspired Peugeot to do the 402.
    1935-1940 Peugeot 402 (at https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1935-1940-peugeot-402.htm )
    Peugeot 402 - Wikipedia (at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_402 )

Donte Lindsey and Tony K like this.
  4. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Outside of Jeeps wide array, and the rebel trx, what other car brands in fca getting concepts? And for that matter, Chrysler seems to be getting the “future tech” type of concepts.
    It’s easy enough to dismiss it as vapor ware, but is this an effort to brand Chrysler as a tech leader? I see it as Chrysler may just become the company’s concept car brand, existing only on paper and on turntables behind velvet ropes.

suzq044 likes this.
  5. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Fiat and alfa both had a concept a few months back

6. sickboy

I sit corrected

Zagnut27 likes this.
  7. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Regardless, it's been decades (the 90's) since we've had a concept we could be excited about.
    This doesn't strike me as anything more than an oddity

Challenger was a foregone conclussion*

8. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  9. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

suzq044, Ryan and Zagnut27 like this.
  10. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

It is all over this concept...IMO.

11. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

Hopefully, for the CHRYSLER BRAND, something(s) come(s) of/from this very very soon!

cdjr77, Tony K and Donte Lindsey like this.
  12. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

Ironically as I mentionned in an earlier post, Peugeot was inspired from the original Airflow to do the 402. Looks like we gone full circle, lol.

UN4GTBL, Tony K and BASONE88 like this.
  13. Matthew

Matthew Is pushing for progress!

I like the glass size it gives it a sporty and sleek look. I think you make the glass bigger and it starts to look more awkward, and a lot less sleek. It also manages to help give it almost a low slung look with out it being a particularly low slung vehicle. I have not found any of the vehicals that I have owned that others have said the glass is to small on. (my caliber or my cherokee) to feel like they are not open and airy and the caliber was dark Slate gray, very dark gray close to black but not quite, but they made everything above the belt line cream, and the cherokee is black with everything above the belt line cream, which I think is attractive and gives it an open and airy feel. I also feel safer in the cars with the higher belt line then I have in cars with lower belt lines. That might just be me but it makes the vehicle feel more substantial and vault like.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  14. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

Nearly every car on the road has a high beltline and tiny windows. The glass is much larger than the viewing areas as it overlaps the body sheet metal, sometimes by inches. Maybe more visibility is one of the reasons trucks sell so well and car sales are dying.

Sleek appeals to some people, but not all, so it seems only fair to have at least one choice for those of us who prefer seeing the road and the countryside instead of gray and black plastic panels and gun-port windows.

15. valiant67

valiant67 ...

And this is why reverse cameras are now required and blind spot monitoring is gaining popularity. It's probably only a matter of time before blind spot monitoring becomes a legal requirement with the high belt lines, thicker body pillars, and stylishly small exterior mirrors.

UN4GTBL, voiceofstl and page2171 like this.
  16. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Not just that. Some car companies are pushing for cameras instead of side mirrors due to their aerodynamic drag.

UN4GTBL, sickboy and valiant67 like this.
  17. sickboy

Is it wrong for the technology available to shape the way our cars look? If side mirrors and grills and rear view mirrors were compromises in the first place, are we headed towards an automobile in its purest form?
    That being said, my favorite cars are some of the most compromised of all time. So what’s better, driver demanding the most out of the car, or the car demanding the most of the driver?

somber, Zagnut27 and Tony K like this.
  18. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

19. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Is FCA showing a real prototype vehicle at CES? I haven’t seen any photos. Or will it just be sketches?

20. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Visibility isn’t so bad in new cars....here’s a pic of me in my wife’s Buick to prove it. :D:p

127F24D8-64A7-4662-958B-D431858785C0.jpeg

Mr. Fusion, Ryan, wtxiceman and 8 others like this.