Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler Extended Warranties for pre-owned cars?

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by mrsmoos, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

One of the problems with third party warranties is having to wait for approval for a repair. Had a third party warranty on a Ford Aerostar we bought. Brought it in for a pinion seal leak. Warranty included a loaner. Took almost two days for the approval. The GM was about to give us a loaner when the approval finally came through. The GM said had it been a factory warranty there wouldn't have been such a long wait.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  2. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Active Member

Thank you all for the insight. I am looking to buy a CPO 200. The CPO warranty is great but should I buy the max care if offered? I read that max care from FCA may not be offered for a used car not even a CPO vehicle.

3. AllanC

AllanC Well-Known Member

Go to the website I posted on Tuesday, Oct 31 for Chrysler extended warranty. You enter the model year and make and model and the vehicle odometer reading and then you will see a list of potential warranties possible. However since this is a used vehicle not all plans with all mileage limits will be available. Any Chrysler dealership can identify which would apply to a particular vehicle. You just need to supply the VIN of the vehicle.

Look at the coverages offered and then decide how much or how little risk you want to accept with this vehicle. Little or no risk then you would need to buy an extended warranty with more coverages and a longer mileage limit but at a much higher price.

I bought a CPO (certified pre-owned) 2016 Jeep Patriot in early October of this year. It was available with MaxCare warranty: 2 years - 30,000 miles or 2 years - unlimited miles. I am thinking that Chrysler tracks warranty repairs on all its vehicles that it builds. If a particular vehicle has some strange, costly, or unsolvable warranty issue, that might affect the types of extended warranties offered for a used vehicle. Also there are probably maximum vehicle age and mileage limits after which extended warranties from the manufacturer are not longer offered.

dodgeismycar and Doug D like this.
  4. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Active Member

MOPAR has a UNLIMITED miles warranty that is sold with CPO vehicles. It is the best warranty to purchase.

dodgeismycar likes this.
  5. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

To be available for the MaxCare/lifetime warranty the car must have <48,000 miles and have an in-service date less than 4 years from the time of resale. I am not sure about other flavors of the extended warranty.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

I wouldn't consider an extended warranty other than a Chrysler warranty.

I made money off the warranty on my Caliber. Chrysler made money off the one on our '07 Caravan. The one on our '11 Caravan has done a couple small things so far.

But it all depends on the dealer too. Some are more willing to work with you.