Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler Fleet - Charger Pursuit Maintenance

Discussion in 'Police, Taxis, Ambulances, etc' started by AHBGuru, Aug 23, 2015.

1. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

Here is a link to the Charger Pursuit Maintenance and Upfitting Guide found at Chrysler Fleet.

The information provided in the link applies to LD (2011 and newer) Pursuits.

Note:
    This information will clear up a LOT of the confusion found on many internet forums.

https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/v7fleet/StaticFiles/files/Police_Maintenance_Overview_Book.pdf

Further information is always available from certified FCA Fleet/BusinessLink dealerships, or from Chrysler Fleet.

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I wonder how many five speed automatics they have, given the Wranglers and Charger Pursuits...

3. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

If the Wrangler kept the A580, then that would make 2 vehicles using it from 2015 on up.

I don't have specific information about retail cars, but the story of the squads is fairly well known: they went through a series of changes, beginning in Jan of 2014. They added AWD and the BR9 brake system to the options list, with the brakes becoming standard in 2015. They decided to keep the 5-spd auto, which has been a Chrysler assembly for quite some time, probably since 2008 or 2009.
    With the cop cars using the A580, I don't see that changing anytime soon; the Charger Pursuits are still meeting (if not beating) the competition in the MSP/LASD annual tests. The short gear (3.07) is now standard in the V6 Pursuit, and it keeps things alive for part-throttle driving.
    As far as the transmission itself goes, the verdict is solidly unanimous: the bugs have long since been weeded out, and theyre holding up very well.

In my own experience with my '13 Pursuit, the only thing I've noticed is that it's very sensitive to how I drive - if I'm just taking it easy, so does the car. If I decide to dip my toe into it, she's right there, shifts are very quick, and it'll downshift in corners, or hold gears ... whatever it takes to keep things "locked and loaded".
    It's easy to see why these cars have become so popular with the fuzz ...