AF: Chrysler introduces 2020 Voyager | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler introduces 2020 Voyager

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Ryan, Jun 27, 2019.

1. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Or get SNG seats out of a junkyard car.

2. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

Those were under different brands, though, and with at least marginally different styling to differentiate them. My understanding too was that the Grand Caravan has different suspension tuning from the T&C that made them feel quite different.

3. codypet

These have about as much marginally different styling as the Reliant/Aries and Voyager/Caravan.
    Mine and my cousins Voyager/Caravan. They were identical other than a rear window defroster and a roof rack that he had that I didn't. I added the bumper uprights myself.
    http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2221/3061/5551530047_large.jpg?v=0

Bonus: on the left you can see the 1993 Voyager we had along with this fleet.

ScramFan, Donte Lindsey and HotCarNut like this.
  4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

At least they used different grills for the two first gen minivans.
    And for Gen 2 minivans they got really ambitious and used different tail lights too (one for Dodge, the other for Plymouth and Chrysler).

#64 valiant67, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    aldo90731 likes this.
  5. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

Well...when the Caravan and Town & Country was side by side the T&C was just a tarted up Caravan.
    It's the same thing with the Voyager/Pacifica now.
    They'll probably list model sales separately, but combine the totals like they currently do with the Grand Caravan and Pacifica.

This is big news...it may seem like a minor investment, but it means FCA still wants to invest in the Chrysler brand.
    I am also glad they are sticking with Nautical themed nomenclature.
    Pacifica
    Voyager
    Atlantic
    Imperial
    Newport

6. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

I like the look of the Pacifica...its about as sleek of a design as the Minivan form can get, while still retaining the function of a minivan.

XRT2SRT, ScramFan, page2171 and 2 others like this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It is like the 2008 design returned to the boxiness of the first/second generations and the Pacifica returned to the rounded, sleek styling of the third generation.
    My personal opinion is the 2008's didn't wear the boxy design as well though the updates helped. I also think Pacifica didn't wear the sleek styling as well as the late 90's vans. There's just some odd/unfinished look to me especially at the rear and rear side views.

8. badgerbeerman

badgerbeerman Well-Known Member

Well I think this signals the end of the Grand Caravan. I also hope the Pacifica get a good refresh esp the interior. Also why not make the Promaster City a little more pedestrian? Sell it as a small minivan?

WLKIVETT likes this.
  9. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

The sticker on my 2015 300C was $43000. The sticker on my 2018 Pacifica Ltd is $46000. IMHO, the Pacifica offers so much more than the 300 for a $3000 difference.

ScramFan, GasAxe and Ryan like this.
  10. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

The steering wheel and the shifter knob get really hot in the sun. I also do not have a garage. When I leave the Pacifica, I throw a towel over the steering wheel and shifter. Problem solved. BTW, I love the transmission knob. So much easier than a lever and takes much less space.

11. MSwenning

MSwenning Active Member

I dont believe that will fix the part where there is nowhere to fold the seat into.

Ryan and voiceofstl like this.
  12. codypet

I was under the impression the bays were built, but the seats were just fixed.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. MSwenning

MSwenning Active Member

You could be right.... is there someone else who knows for sure??

14. thedriver

thedriver Active Member

now just call the base 300 a concorde or acclaim...

15. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

Possibly because when it came out in 2017, it didn't have any "budget" trims, like the L and LX. The Touring was the lowest trim, and it was far higher than the AVP/CVP vans that were selling at $20k.

If it's anything like the RT vans, the tubs/bins are in all of the vans, full Stow N Go or not. Several people have installed full Stow N Go.

vipergg and MSwenning like this.
  16. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Allpar Legacy

I'm honestly indifferent to this move.

They now have to introduce people to a "new" model?
    This should protect Pacifica values, as fleet orders can go through the LXi trim?

I'm also curious about the "quad seating" on the Voyager LX. Is this second row Stow N Go, or are they middle row bucket seats that don't "stow" in the floor?

JavelinAMX likes this.
  17. MSwenning

MSwenning Active Member

They are just regular bucket seats, no stow n go. Only on the fleet only LXi trim.

18. Stéphane Dumas

Stéphane Dumas Well-Known Member

Or also Spirit, New Yorker, Ambassador, Matador, Fury, Belvedere, LeBaron, Satellite, Coronet, Aries, Reliant, Valiant, Scamp, Newport, Windsor, Seneca, Saratoga, Polara, Monaco, etc...? ;)

19. flffddy

flffddy Well-Known Member

This is kind of sad. They are literally just taking the Pacifica L and LX and renaming it to the Voyager. The extent of their investment is going to be some $5 Voyager badges. It will allow them to claim they sell 4 models when in reality they sell 2. Why not rename the Pacifica Hybrid while they're at it?

JavelinAMX and Donte Lindsey like this.
  20. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Shhhhhh! Don't give them any ideas!

GasAxe likes this.