AF: Chrysler LH reliability - better info | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler LH reliability - better info

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by mkaresh, Jan 14, 2010.

1. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We have an updated result for the Chrysler LH based on owner experiences through December 31, 2010.

With a reported repair frequency of 149 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the 1999 is about average, but not far from "worse than average." The sample size is larger than last time, but still small, so this result is not precise.

Thank you, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Chrysler 300 reliability ratings and comparisons

Dodge Intrepid reliability ratings

Same result for the 1999 on both pages.

2. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We have an updated result for the Chrysler LH cars based on owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

With a reported repair frequency of 128 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the 1999 is about average.

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

3. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We have an updated result for the Chrysler LH cars based on owner experiences through June 30, 2011.

With a reported repair frequency of 93 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the 1999 is better than average. This stat is based on a small sample size, so it's not precise.

We'll have further updates in November and February. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

4. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We have an updated result for the Chrysler LH cars based on owner experiences through December 31, 2011.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2000: 91

1999: 66

Very small sample sizes, which likely explains the difference between the two stats. Both are better than average.

Thank you, everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

5. carguygibby

carguygibby New Member

I just added my 2001 300M.
    Colin

6. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We have an updated result for the Chrysler LH cars based on owner experiences through September 30, 2012.

2000: 116, worse than average

1999: 67, better than average

Very small sample sizes, which likely explains the difference between the two stats.

We'll have further updates in February and May. We'd love to provide more precise stats and cover more model years from 1998 on--just a matter of getting more owners involved.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

http://truedelta.com/Chrysler-300/reliability-65]Chrysler 300 reliability ratings and comparisons[/url]

http://truedelta.com/Dodge-Intrepid/reliability-501]Dodge Intrepid reliability ratings[/url]

Same results on both pages.

7. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We've updated our reliability stats for the LHs to include owner experiences through March 31, 2013.

1999 Intrepid: 83, low, very small sample size

We'll have further updates later this month and in November. I'd love to provide more precise stats and cover all model years--just a matter of getting more people involved.

For the details, including the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Dodge Intrepid reliability ratings and comparisons

8. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We've updated our reliability stats for the LHs to include owner experiences through June 30, 2013.

1999: 72, low, very small sample size

We'll have further updates later this month and in February.

To view the descriptions of reported repairs, and to sign up to help:

9. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We've updated our reliability stats for the LHs to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

1999: 86, low, very small sample size

We'll have further updates later this month and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be. I'd love to have more solid stats for all model years from 1999 through 2004.

For the details, and to sign up to help improve this information:

10. raymondo112

raymondo112 Member

To tell you the truth all the things I have done to my Intrepid 3.5 are no different than the things I have done on my Import cars, just some of the failures on parts occurred at latter mileage intervals, but all in all even the maintenance is nearly identical.

I really can't say it is any better or worse than any other car manufacturers product of the same class, but what I can say is I know I paid a lot less to buy it and it has carried me and my family for years, gas mileage isn't the best or worst I have had but it is still affordable to drive daily for the whole family and reliable enough that it gets used a lot.

Dodge will always be the underdog in the automotive world, but it is fun to see how astounded other car owners can be when a Chrysler product pulls away from them when they think their car is better and more powerful, I just keep the smile as you should never take anything by its look, and not everything everyone has said about Chrysler that is negative is tried and true about the product. I can't say I am not partial to Chrysler products, but I own other brands of cars too, and compared to them it has been just as good or better in some cases on some things, plus I do all the diagnosing and service work on all of them myself so I know what goes in and out and around on a professional level.

11. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We've updated our reliability stats for the LHs to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

1999: 99, moderate, very small sample size

We'll have further updates in May and in August. To provide more precise results and cover more model years (from 2000 on), we need more participants for these cars.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

12. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

Our reliability stats for the Intrepid and other LHs now include owner experiences through March 31, 2014, making them nearly a year ahead of other sources.

2002 Intrepid: 87, moderate, very small sample size
    1999 Intrepid: 88, moderate, very small sample size

Thank you, once again, everyone who has been helping. Next update in August.

For a deeper dive, including the stats for other cars and repair descriptions, and to sign up to help improve this information:

13. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

We've updated our reliability stats for the Intrepid and other LHs to include owner experiences through June 30, 2014.

2002 Intrepid: 88, moderate, very small sample size
    1999 Intrepid: 98, moderate, very small sample size

Next updates later this month and in February. We will need more participants for the LHs if we are to keep covering them. The 1999s won't be covered going forward, as they are now over 15 years old.

For repair descriptions, the stats of other cars, and to sign up to help improve this information:

14. MoPar~Man

MoPar~Man Active Member

I just entered some basic info for my '00 300m and '01 dodge ram and was disappointed to see that I can't even bring up any reliability information for these vehicles that truedelta might have for them as their listings only go back to '02 for both. Why can't the list be expanded to include all vehicle data you have that people have supplied data for?

15. mkaresh

mkaresh Member

The problem is that, while plenty of owners are signed up to respond for these cars, not enough of them have actually been responding to provide even qualified stats.

Conversely, if a few more owners can respond, we can start covering them again.

www.truedelta.com/join