AF: Chrysler or Dodge? Survey | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler or Dodge? Survey

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Quambi, Oct 1, 2020.

?

If only Chrysler or Dodge can survive, which one should it be?

1. Keep Chrysler, Ditch Dodge

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Save Dodge, Cull Chrysler

38 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. "Keep both and I'll bet my house that the profits will come rolling in"

61 vote(s)
    60.4%
  1. Quambi

Quambi Well-Known Member

Okay, fellow armchair CEO's, you need to decide which brand will carry on into the future with a full lineup of cars and CUV's at the expense of the other.

2. jd3101

jd3101 Member

this should be interesting to see)))....

3. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

A far fall, but Chrysler as the low rent suv type vehicles, while Jeep gets premium, and Dodge stays performance.

#3 suzq044, Oct 1, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  4. SptFury

SptFury Member

Add a CUV [sport luxury], restyle the 300, take it to sport luxury, add electrics, electric-hybrids and let Chrysler be what it was in the '50s and '60s, a sporty powerful vehicle line that aspiring persons aspired to!

66coronet, XRT2SRT, tlc and 3 others like this.
  5. Polish Don

Polish Don Member

Redo the 300 as a mid-lux and higher sedan and SUV/wagon (aka Magnum but make the roof taller and make it AWD). Bring the China Jeep over and make it a Chrysler. Offer a version of the Wagoneer as a Dodge (more macho and streetable) as well as a High-Pro version of the Ram 1500 as a street truck (aka Little Red Express).

HoboChangba likes this.
  6. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I want my cake and eat it, too. :)

7. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Of course most would say keep both. While in my perfect world both would survive, the question was asked which is most salvageable. All Chrysler really needs is a 300 facelift and a CUV to keep it going.

tlc likes this.
  8. hmk123

Level III Supporter

All Dodge needs is its RAM trucks back... :)

rapidtrans, dakota21, XRT2SRT and 5 others like this.
  9. Quambi

Quambi Well-Known Member

Right now, Chrysler and Dodge are in limbo. Pretty soon something will have to happen: new vehicles or brand elimination.

So what I'm asking is: if you had a limited amount of money to revitalize the FCA-US regional brands (Chrysler/Dodge), would you use all of the money for one brand to give it the best chance at the expense of the other brand (and which brand would you save) - OR - would you use the limited amount of money for both knowing that if the effort fails both brands will be eliminated.

BTW, you are able to change your vote.

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Look at the results just now. They dropped the Caravan, sales fell by over 20,000. But never fear, Pacifica/Voyager went up by... 5,000.

Oops.

11. jorisr

jorisr Well-Known Member

To be fair you should mention that fleet sales are not at a normal level and fleet is where the Caravan was making it´s numbers

Tony K and tlc like this.
  12. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Tony K and Dave Z like this.
  13. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Good point Still, ⅔ of Caravan sales were fleets, so even if we looked at ⅓, and assumed zero fleet sales at all, we are not doing well. (I guess that's not fair since ⅓ of T&C sales went to fleets, too. No idea of Pacifica percentage.)

14. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I miss the days when Scott Adams was sane... before he wrote a book whose central thesis was “if you wish hard enough, it will come true. Look, it did for me! I wanted to be a cartoonist!” and then another book whose thesis was that he had deliberately failed in other jobs to find the right career (which means everything he wrote before then was a lie).

But yes... and it is beginning to look as though both the Portal and (Chrysler Grand Commander) have been nixed. There are now two CUSW derived vehicles in total, in North America, the Cherokee and the (much changed from original CUSW) Pacifica. In a platform/architecture-obsessed company, (FCA, that is, not necessarily PSA), how long can that last? Eventually Cherokee must go Giorgio or S(whatever the current designation is), right?

Will the next Pacifica be a station wagon with a sliding door?

Quambi and djsamuel like this.
  15. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

Dodge as the muscle cars are fun.

16. cdjr77

cdjr77 Well-Known Member

chevrolet has pickups, ford has pickups, and dodge should have pickups. Bring back ram.

plymouth1, jsucha and kevin m. Henry like this.
  17. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I have to admit, I don’t know much about Scott Adams. But I always felt it is a bit easy for the Steve Jobs of the world to say: just find your passion...

What I miss is that FCA seems to have given up on bigger, bolder bets. That’s what has carried the company forward in the past.... Sergio was good in recognizing the value of a brand like Jeep. But you need more than that.

Quambi and Donte Lindsey like this.
  18. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Here's the problem: by the direction they have taken Dodge (with silly commercials that consist mainly of tire smoke) they eliminate Dodge as a brand choice for many people. Where will those people go? Can they keep what was the mainstream vehicle buyer in the Dodge lineup? Can they even keep them within FCA?

Ernesto, wvutuba, somber and 2 others like this.
  19. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

The problem I see with Jeep is their vehicle designs are trapped into a specific design language (it has to look "Jeepy") and be designed around off road performance metrics. Jeep's one attempt to step outside the box was the Cherokee and there was so much pushback (despite strong sales) that they backpedaled the styling on the refresh. I find the styling of the Jeep lineup so unbelievably dull. This is where I feel like Dodge and Chrysler have a place in the North American CUV market. Neither brand is tied down by any sort of traditional design language and can be more daring/sporty/slick.

Tony K and valiant67 like this.
  20. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Chrysler could fill that void. Dodge is pretty much made it's image and it really has to lay in it. I would imagine that they could continue on with the Pacifica indefinitely. If it had a CUV mate to help at Windsor and to take up slack left by Grand Caravan things would be better if think.

cdjr77 likes this.