AF: Chrysler Pacifica AWD Launch Edition | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler Pacifica AWD Launch Edition

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by 55Plaza, Jun 5, 2020.

1. 55Plaza

55Plaza Well-Known Member

2. Lone Bone

Lone Bone Member

Still can't build/price on the Canadian site, nor is ordering opened up yet for us canucks :(

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I didn't see Canadian prices, it might not be available in Canada now or at all.

This is JUST the Launch Edition which is $3,000 or so more than the regular car, starting $37,000. Laster I _assume_ they will do AWD on cars below the Touring L.

4. 55Plaza

Neither is the Voyager available on the Canadian site.

5. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

It is on canadian Chrysler website, buried in the description, under "efficiency" -> "all wheel drive capability".. well easier to find using the browser search with "awd".
    Saying that the website is confusiong... well is an euphemism.

2020 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan | Chrysler Canada (at https://www.chrysler.ca/en/pacifica#zones_body_blocks_efficiency-section-header )

wtxiceman likes this.
  6. 66coronet

66coronet Well-Known Member

Not available with hybrid. Just when I thought that was the advantage, that killed by thoughts that they may have 3.6L FWD and still have fold in floor seats and storage because they put an electric motor in the back for RWD part of the AWD. NOPE. They figured it out to still have a drive line with fold in floor seating.
    I thought for sure they would eliminate the drive line in favor of an electric motor. O well, maybe some other manufacture some day.

Dave Z likes this.
  7. 55Plaza

Yes but still not Build & Price Choose Your 2020 Chrysler Pacifica | Chrysler Canada (at https://www.chrysler.ca/en/build-and-price/chrysler/pacifica/2020/21419 )
    I checked all 6 models, and the drive type for all 6 is front wheel drive only
    And yes the site is confusing. They finally caught up with the US site and allows you to search for what dealer has your build and price ... that only took at least 3 years, now just to incorporate the other upgrades.

dmcdonald and jimboy like this.
  8. cdjr77

cdjr77 Well-Known Member

Meet the Toyota Venza

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

FCA actually does sell the 4xe system which does exactly that. I KNOW the plan was for a Pacifica to do exactly that, have an electric motor in back for AWD. I can only assume the system had some serious issues they were never able to overcome.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  10. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I would think with the bins for stow&go it would be a mechanical nightmare to mechanicaly link the rear to the front drive train. I guess they figured it out. I'd love to see a picture of it.

11. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

The 2021 Toyota Sienna will be hybrid only with an electric motor driving the rear wheels. It seems the AWD on the Pacifica is $3000.
    I can put the $3000 towards a Hybrid Pacifica when I turn in my 2018 gas Pacifica next year. Getting off topic, I still wish the hybrid Pacifica had a 50kw charging capability, giving me about 20 miles in about 20 minutes. Most of my daily driving is 20 to 30 miles.
    That would give the Hybrid Pacifica an edge over the 2021 Sienna which is HEV, not PHEV.

12. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Re Sienna - yup.
    https://www.toyoland.com/trucks/sienna.html
    They promise 33 mpg which is pretty good. Multi-link rear suspension.
    Sole engine is a 2.5 liter DOHC with 243 combined horsepower. There's an EV mode. Electric water pump and electric thermostat. Regen braking via shifter if you desire. I like the PA system and PED. The PED is pretty cool and seems like an idea Ian Sharp had years ago.

Also a big heads-up display. I'd love that.

On the Sienna, AWD is NOT standard. It's optional.

13. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Big problem with the Sienna is you can't take the 2nd row seats out, much less fold them into the floor.

14. Lone Bone

Lone Bone Member

UPDATE:These are now available for ordering in Canada as of this afternoon.

Edit- still can't build and price online, but dealers can order for August production. There are "very limited numbers for Canadian market"

15. 55Plaza

Is the Voyager available on the Canadian site yet?

16. Lone Bone

Lone Bone Member

Not on the retail site, nor is it in VOIM for ordering. I assume they will wait till the final Caravan push is done, then bring it out to fill the hole left from the retired Caravan.

17. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I'm waiting for the 2021's. There's some good deals on right now but I can't justify spending $50K+ on a new vehicle when there's a new model going to be out in less than 6 months.

18. Lone Bone

Lone Bone Member

I get that. However in my case, I like the current look of the Pacifica, especially the S package. My kids want the Uconnect theater BADLY. My wife wants AWD and the goods included in advanced safetyTec group that her Grand Cherokee has.

I like the refreshed 2021... but it's not "all new" by any means. It's basically updated fascias, and improved interior. (Not to down play the changes, as they are fantastic). After driving one in 2017 for a few months-the interior is super nice on the 2020. Waiting for a 2021, that I assume will have no rebates or any appetizing financing just for the refresh isn't in my best interest. These vans are ridiculously nice. I'm stoked.