Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler Patents and Trademarks

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by hemidakota, Jun 14, 2005.

1. hemidakota

hemidakota Guest

What is coming soon....some interesting stuff to post here.

Minivan - patent 6,905,155

Multiple height load floor system -In a motor vehicle having a cargo area over an in-floor recess for storing a spare wheel and tire, a multiple height load floor system for covering the in-floor recess provides the option of selecting the depth of the recess. The floor system is adapted to allot a lesser volume to the in-floor recess for use with an undersized spare, or a greater volume when a full-size spare is provided. In a motor vehicle with folding seats, the folding seats are selectively raised or lowered to align with the upper surface of the load floor system in its selected position, in order to present a substantially flat surface for carrying cargo. The selective raising or lowering of the seats and the floor system can be achieved through manually actuated or electrically powered mechanisms

Trucks - Patent 6,905,162

Truck cargo box enclosure - A tent enclosure for a pickup truck cargo box includes a pair of support tracks mounted to the side rails of the cargo box, a number of flexible support rods connected to the support tracks, and a fabric siding spanning the support rods and connected to the support tracks. The flexible support rods can be made up of multiple sections linked together, and, being longer than the width of the cargo box, describe an arch when connected to the support tracks. The forwardmost support rod can be secured to the truck cab. The fabric siding includes a U-channel edge for engaging the support track on each side of the cargo box, and is stretched over the support rods. The tent enclosure includes a door assembly for the end of the cargo box, which may be formed of fabric and integral with the fabric siding.

Engines - Patent 6,895,919

Even-firing, fully balanced, V-twin engine - A V-twin engine includes a two cylinder reciprocating apparatus, having a pair of connecting rods joined to a crankshaft through a pair of connecting rod journals that are centered at a common throw radius from the crankshaft axis, and angularly displaced from one another along the throw radius by an angular displacement equal to an included angle defined by axes of the cylinders, so that the pistons will move in unison and each reach top dead center (TDC) and bottom dead center (BDC) in their respective cylinders at substantially the same time. The cylinders fire alternately on sequential rotations the crankshaft. Counterweights on two balance shafts rotate in a 1:1 rotation ratio in a direction opposite to the crankshaft, with forces from the balance shaft counterweights and a crankshaft counterweight alternately aligning and opposing for counterbalancing vertical forces and unbalance loads in the engine.

Jeep - Patent 6,890,014

Conversion vehicle - An apparatus is provided for enabling the enlargement of the cabin for a vehicle having an enclosed cabin and a cargo bed extending rearwardly from the cabin. The apparatus includes a rear wall removably coupled to the cabin. A guide element is positioned along a floor of the cargo bed and a base portion of the rear wall is slideably coupled to the guide element, which enables the rear wall to be translated rearwardly from the cabin to vary a volume thereof.

2. hemidakota

hemidakota Guest

Engines - Patent 6,895,925

Internal combustion engine having three valves per cylinder - A valve train is disclosed for an internal combustion engine having a block, a camshaft in the block, and at least two push rods actuated by the camshaft. The valve train comprises first and second rockers, and three valves. The first rocker is actuated by one of the push rods, and the second rocker is actuated by another of the push rods. A first valve is associated with a cylinder of the engine and actuated by the first rocker. A second valve is associated with the cylinder and actuated by the first rocker, and a third valve is associated with the cylinder and actuated by the second rocker.

3. skidsmadawg96

skidsmadawg96 Allpar's Signature Policeman!
    Level III Supporter

4. marlon_jbt

marlon_jbt Well-Known Member

V4 Engine? Am I reading that right?

5. thehemi

thehemi Member

3 Valve Hemi? :D

6. faterotong

faterotong Member

I don't understand the minivan floor thing...can anybody help me out here?

7. hemicharger

hemicharger Member

Not a V4 but a 3 valve pushrod engine. Perhaps the updated Minivan 3.8 will get it.

8. faterotong

faterotong Member

I wonder how much boost in power that'll give it? Hopefully at least 250 just to keep up with the imports...and that 6-speed tranny'll help a lot I hope.

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Wouldn't be the first time, I think Honda used to have a three valve engine. Guess it's a way to avoid VVT in the new 3.8/4.0.

10. thehemi

thehemi Member

Were the Honda motors OHC or pushrod?
    Ford is using 3-valve OHC engines lately.

I have yet to heard of a pushrod 3-valve,
    although I would be surprised if the idea
    was not already attempted along the line.

11. faterotong

faterotong Member

what's the difference between a OHC, OHV and a pushrod engine? I understand it's how the timing equipment is set up but in my uneducated mind, I always thought that OHV, OHC and pushrod were pretty much the same thing?

12. KerrymanMopar

KerrymanMopar Allparian Ambassador

All modern car engines are OHV. The valves are in the cylinder head over the pistons. How the valves are actuated is another thing. OHC is overhead cam, with the cam riding in the head and cam lobes acting directly upon the valve stems. This is the 4.7L Magnum. The 5.7L and 6.1L Hemi is an OHV with the cam sitting down low between the V and pushrods extending up to the valve rocker arms that in turn push the valves, hence the name pushrods.

13. faterotong

faterotong Member

Thanks Kerry. That's much clearer to me now. :D

14. minkinc

minkinc Member

Why does DCX need a V Twin engine? Is the CCV getting built? Are they Expanding into motorcycles?

15. HC_Earwicker

HC_Earwicker Guest

Now I am getting really confused :(!! The patent in question is for pushrod engines. Aren't the new 3.8/4.0 engines supposed to be OHC? As best as I can tell, there don't seem to be any new pushrod engines coming from Chrysler other than newer versions of the Hemi V8 - or am I completely missing something here?

- HCE

16. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

Couldn't have said that any better myself.

Thanx for the info. I won't sleep tonight, but thanx either way... :unsure:

This is going to be one Heck of an autoshow season.

KyleD.

17. hemidakota

hemidakota Guest

Dave or Stratus, we need to do some sticky on both subject - DCX PATENTS and DCX TRADEMARKS.

18. longlivechrysler

longlivechrysler The Negative Optimist

Is there a way to keep them short though? I can see us shifting through the announcements as well as the following posts...

19. Trogdor02

Trogdor02 Member

Not just a V-twin, but a V-twin that operates in a fairly nonstandard manner. I have no idea what the purpose of this could be. Is DCX trying to be like Honda and make motorcycles with four wheels?

20. Intrepidatious

Level 2 Supporter

If Dodge gets into motorcycles (and I don't include the Tomahawk), I'll sell mine now and get one!

Maybe the Tomahawk was used to gauge public reaction to an offshoot into cycles? Would be nice.