Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chrysler Slant-Six Racing

Discussion in 'Historical' started by Beentherebefore, Mar 18, 2015.

1. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

Old slants continue to amaze. I read on the slant six forum that one turbocharged, stock-bodied racer is running low nines and flirting with eight seconds in the 1/4 mile.

DC-93 and Beentherebefore like this.
  2. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I think that now we may be able to clear up some of the mystery and fill in a few blanks. A friend just loaned me a special issue of HRM that has a feature article on 1960 racing including some stuff on the Nascar compact car racing series. It seems that Nascar ran TWO compact car races during their '60 Daytona Speedweeks - one on the Daytona oval and one on the combination oval + road course (maybe similar to the course run in the Daytona Rolex 24 hour (?)) . The combo race was the 38 miler (10 laps) and was a 1 -8 Mopar sweep won by Marvin Panch (results in post #25 above). I think that the oval race was the one that totaled 100 miles and was won by Lee Petty. Valiants also finished 2nd and 3rd in that race.

DC-93 likes this.
  3. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

4. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Mopar Jerry and dana44 like this.