AF: Civil COVID-19 Discussion | Page 29 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civil COVID-19 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by Ryan, Apr 23, 2020.

1. dana44

Ad-Free Member

As far as the styrofoam/packing materials (in good condition), my wife likes to donate them to the local small package store down the road. He always enjoys having the stuff to stuff packages for mailing.
    As far as the Gates thing, I saw it in a video at a conference a few years back, and it was said in passing, something about the ability to track everyone and everything for safety and all that, doubt I could find any reference to it if I tried. Whether it is true or not, the Bible references the mark of the Devil, so no tattoos, piercings other than ear rings, and self-inflicted scarring, and these days of expanded technology, chips of any sort, and believing it or not, why take that chance thing.

2. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Just heard today there is an uptick in drive in movie attendance, good family fun from what I remember. Need self cleaning robotic popcorn delvery. New way to serve food. Tax the robots.

3. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

And charging stations so electric vehicle owners could pass the time more quickly.

Tony K likes this.
  4. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

When I was a kid, I loved the styrofoam packing. I could make massive GI Joe bases and such. Now, when I open a package, a string of expletives involuntarily comes out of my mouth. I hate the stuff, it gets everywhere. I can take it to the recycling center and they take care of it, but it’s still a nuisance.

I’ve read several articles on inserting chips under the skin for everything from use as a bank card (swipe your hand?) to storing your medical information. I like the concept of storing your medical information, because many people are poor health historians (don’t know what they’ve had or when) nor do they know what meds they’re on or the doses. It could be even more useful for someone who comes into the ER unconscious. However, there’s all sorts of potential privacy issues and such with that. I don’t know if I’d be comfortable with it myself. I’m not a religious person, so what the Bible says has no meaning for me personally. However, we see the full gambit of religions in the hospital, so we must cater to the wishes and beliefs of all, so those can be issues against someone getting a chip too for sure.

Nothing is ever black and white. Heck, even black and white...charcoal and egg shell...ebony and ivory...lol.

Shane Estabrooks, Tony K and Ryan like this.
  5. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

Reality is the same. Everyone’s perspective is slightly different.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  6. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

Well, we've reached a milestone,100,000 deaths in the US :(

[​IMG]

When this all started and that figure was mentioned, that seemed unfathomable, but now it's reality :(

Zagnut27 likes this.
  7. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Well-Known Member

If you or your wife know someone who likes to buy and sell things on EBAY, that would be the PERFECT person to donate all that styrofoam packing material.

My favorite are the little styrofoam peanuts.:D

Shane Estabrooks and Zagnut27 like this.
  8. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

and not a peep from Donald.

9. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

We hit it, and we're still going. Where it'll stop is anyone's guess.

DC-93 and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  10. AC TC

AC TC Well-Known Member

Some numbers from Sweden, note that the accumulted cases are still rising but showing a litter slower pace.
    - then look a the nr of dead wich is quickly falling, why i dont know but i suspect its a combination of health care learning curve, better protection for the vunerable, better social behaviour and such. Another quite interesting thing is that ordinary everyday colds, vinter vomiting illness and such has gone down sharply as have the prescription of antibiotics.
    - better handcleaning and other improved sanitary behaviour pays off.

upload_2020-5-27_7-44-1.png
    Sick/ day.
    upload_2020-5-27_7-45-27.png
    Diceased / day

upload_2020-5-27_7-46-26.png
    Intensive care/ day.
    upload_2020-5-27_7-47-36.png
    Accumulated cases.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Gee, we the healthcare professionals have been saying this for decades. Unfortunately it took a pandemic for people to listen to us. We'll see how long they keep washing their hands and such after the threat has passed. I'm betting the collective amnesia will set in rather quickly.

12. 06PTElectricBlue

Maybe the occasion should have been marked by a Fireside Chat, that we will all get through this, from a reassuring fatherly-figure ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Instead of how so much info is disseminated ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#572 06PTElectricBlue, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    jerseyjoe, Zagnut27 and DC-93 like this.
  13. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

About 2 months in, if one were to officially count.
    There were more before March, but not classified as C-19, in my opinion...

As a side note, my buddy Larry Rathgeb passed on March 22 of C-19. He was number 10 here in Michigan. (over 5,000 now)
    ABC World News mentioned him yesterday evening as part of their memorial to the 100,000 that have died so far.
    They mentioned his time at Chrysler Engineering, where I renewed my friendship with him in 1985.
    Back in 1976 I took a night class at a local tech school, MoTech. It was called "The Science of Stock Car Racing". Very cool stuff, for a 20 year old kid!
    Larry taught the chassis part. Gary Romberg taught the aero section. Can't remember the engine guy....Been a few years!

14. AC TC

AC TC Well-Known Member

- dont neglect what childcare, pre school and lower grades can teach and have a large impact on society. (95% of our children goes to childcare/ pre school.Its actually a part of our school system not just daycare. for ordinary school its mandatory to take part up till youré 16 yers old/ end of ground school.)
    Now there a whole generation of small swedes who sings this all the time so their parents goes insane:
    wash your hands baby shark - Bing video (at https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wash+your+hands+baby+shark&docid=608054385442031120&mid=E0D9A7AAEE36EF7DB2DCE0D9A7AAEE36EF7DB2DC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE )
    And there is ofcourse also avail in the swedish language.

15. AC TC

AC TC Well-Known Member

Isnt the president on top Franklin Delano Roosevelt? He managed to gather a nation for an emergency, hes highly respected in sweden.
    - im sure that he would have handled this pandemic brilliantly, its mostly about getting your citizens to work with you and thats a gift if you can.

jerseyjoe, tlc, Dave Z and 3 others like this.
  16. Morty

Morty Well-Known Member

The death rate per mil is still shockingly high, compared to the neighbouring countries, though. And it has been a spike in deaths the last 4/5 days.

DC-93 likes this.
  17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Sorry for the loss of your friend! I wish I didn’t have to say that so often. :(

DC-93 likes this.
  18. dana44

Ad-Free Member

19. 06PTElectricBlue

Not just for you, but that would be the hardest part to tell that news to someone, and I would hope that as many times as it has been given, that it still has meaning, and that the messengers don't become numb to it.

The hardest part for the family members would be that many are not even allowed access to their loved ones, before the final passing.

Zagnut27 and DC-93 like this.
  20. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

freshforged and 06PTElectricBlue like this.