AF: Civil COVID-19 Discussion | Page 45 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civil COVID-19 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic But Still Civil' started by Ryan, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I hear that they have these things called “vaccines” now.

Bob Lincoln likes this.
  2. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Ya?
    Then take it. Tell us where to get one.
    Notice my snark?

There is no vaccine yet, and you know that.
    An optimistic timeframes is December.

You expect me to not live, work, have an income for 6 more months to please you?

Wrong.

You make money with this website, but I have 2 kids to feed. And you demand they suffer to please you as you eat?

Wrong again

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

We agree on December.

Your refusal to wear a mask has absolutely nothing to do with the shutdowns. Except that by refusing to wear a mask, you are helping to spread the virus, which is what put states full of people who treasure their ignorance right back into shutdown.

If you want the shutdown to end, stop being a jerk and start wearing the freakin’ mask.

As for the money:

Your party chose to bail out corporations and church groups and private equity firms rather than individuals. Fine. Live with it.

If you're so hot on individual self-reliance, you should have built up your own savings for this sort of event.

I don't make money from Allpar.

tlc, Bob Lincoln and freshforged like this.
  4. LeeRyder

I'm done. I've made if very clear this will only end one way: when xxxx amount of people die and everyone else has gained immunity.

My side? Tell me who didn't get $1200 minimum that filed taxes?
    Companies regardless were eligible for PPP got it. Are you insinuating it was politically based on who got it???

I did have a savings that I I burned through in the first 3 months. I just applied for unemployment as I tried to have pride and not over burden the system initially. Sadly I had to relent and become a beggar and apply.

Again, I will wear my mask when needed (a stored policy), and if you dont like it STAY AWAY FROM ME.

Your mask works, right?
    6ft works, right?

Then you got no worries. So stay away and mind your own business.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Your scientific credentials for that first statement?

Your mask feels uncomfortable? Get over it. As a surgeon, I know how vital they are.

“Companies regardless were eligible for PPP got it. Are you insinuating it was politically based on who got it???”

Yes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...a154e6-c07e-11ea-b4f6-cb39cd8940fb_story.html

“THE SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION pushed more than a half-trillion dollars into roughly 5 million companies and nonprofit entities over a few weeks this spring via its Paycheck Protection Program. ...

Companies owned by West Virginia Gov. Jim Justice (R), a billionaire, got up to $24 million. PF Chang’s and Silver Diner, restaurant chains backed by private equity firms, got more than $5 million each. Kanye West’s apparel brand received a similar amount. ... entities associated with Trump administration figures such as Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner cashed in, too. Firms linked to members of Congress from both parties, including some who helped write the PPP law, benefited. A $350,000-plus loan to the libertarian Ayn Rand Institute, a think tank named for the uber-capitalist author of “Atlas Shrugged,” astonished everyone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...256832-c1f2-11ea-8908-68a2b9eae9e0_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...34f2c0-c03c-11ea-8908-68a2b9eae9e0_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...f26cd6-bfee-11ea-8908-68a2b9eae9e0_story.html

tlc and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  6. LeeRyder

So myopic its asinine.

Even planned parenthood got ppp. Lots of liberal companies and orgs did.

Ffs, stop it. After 20 years on this site, I am truly saddened you are so inbred to things as such.
    It's as pathetic as pretending MoPar never made a bad car or our competitors can't make a good one.

Truly disappointed.

You keep your mask, I'll continue being a free born American.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  7. Ryan

I’m locking this thread for obvious reasons. It will remain visible.

tlc, Bob Lincoln, Zagnut27 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.