Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combination valve parts? (brake system)

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by William Pinson, Dec 4, 2017.

1. William Pinson

Anyone know of a source for combination valve parts, or a rebuild kit?

This is the combination proportioning/balancing valve with the brake fault switch on it, which hangs on rigid brake lines beneath the master cylinder.

I need to rebuild mine. I can't seem to find a source for a new or rebuilt valve, nor a rebuild kit or source of some of the special seals.

In particular, in the proportioning valve part, the piston for each side contacts a rubber seal down inside the bore, that is shaped like a thin rubber washer, textured with bumps, and has shoulder around the outer rim. I can't find anything like this on the web, or in rubber washer kits, or anything of the like. I had to remove the seals in order to clean the valve body thoroughly, but unfortunately between brake fluid and cleaner (used Sea Foam), the seal swelled enough that I can't get it back in place.

The vehicle itself is a 1993 Shadow ES with a 2.5L non-turbo, with non-ABS brakes, disc front, drum rear.

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

It is a discontinued and non-serviceable part. Google for 'Mopar 4485829' and use that part # in your search.
    It was used in non-ABS, frt disc/rear drum 1992-1995 Shadow, Sundance, LeBaron 2-dr/conv and Daytona.
    Ebay, obsolete and NOS parts houses may have one.

3. marty mopar

marty mopar Active Member