AF: Common issues with G1 LH cars? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Common issues with G1 LH cars?

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by browens1534, May 27, 2011.

1. Goonior

Goonior New Member

I owned a 96 LHS with column shift bought in Sep 07 with 100k mi and drove it until I sold it in Dec of 2011 with 230k mi. I never had any major issues with the trans or engine. I did replace cam and crank sensors once, timing belt once. Replaced front subframe bushings, changed the fuel pump @ 190k. most everythimg I did was more along the lines of basic maintenence for a high mileage car. I did replace the starter, that one was my fault, I burned it up from cranking too long to start when the temp got below 50 degrees. I had Bosch platinum plugs in it for about 50k mi, when I finally changed them, the gap was HUGE, we're tallking more than .050! It wasn't any wonder why it had such a hard time starting! This one was VERY reliable though, I was never left stranded calling a tow truck. Have an 05 Magnum RT now but still miss that LHS... :(