Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatible body panels for my Valiant?

Discussion in 'Repairs, Maintenance, Help' started by MileHighMopar, Aug 9, 2017.

1. MileHighMopar

MileHighMopar New Member

Hi all,

My 1974 Plymouth Valiant 2dr is in the early stages of body restoration. While I'm disassembling trim and sanding the vehicle down I need to find some replacement body parts.

1) What other vehicles share body panels with this vehicle? Scamp (sub-model of the Valiant), Dart, Duster, etc???

2) Any particular recommendations for sheet metal companies to investigate or avoid?

3) Here's a list of panels I'll need: quarter panels, trunk floor, fender patch, and probably a few more surprises once I'm done sanding ;)

If I'm missing any important info let me know and I'll get it up right away. Thanks for your thoughts!

2. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

Welcome to allpar. From the '74 to '76 model years, the Valiant and Dart models were essentially the same, except for the grille and hood. Your grille is shared with the '73 Valiant models, including the Duster. It was changed for the '75 model year. Quarter panels should match the Valiant and Dart models from '74 to '76, excluding the Duster and Sport. Front quarters of the Duster and Sport might work, but you'll need to research that. Trunk floor and fender patch will also match '74 through '76 Valiant and Dart, and should go back to '70 Dart and '71 Scamp models.

The Swinger was a 2-door version of the Dart; the Plymouth Scamp was introduced for the '71 model year, and was essentially a Swinger with a Valiant grille. Through the '73 model year, the Valiant was on a shorter wheelbase than the Scamp. Your 2-door might be a Scamp.

Someone else will have to help you with sheet metal company recommendations.

I wish you full success with your restoration.

3. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

You might try year one. They sell a lot of sheet metal, but I don't know about for a 74 Valiant. I suspect that a lot of the sheet metal from the Darts or Dusters will also work, but am not a mechanic or body shop person. You can always look on their website.

4. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

For the '74 model year, the Valiant 2-door could have been a Scamp or a Brougham. If its VIN starts with VH, it's a Scamp; if it starts with VP, it's a Brougham. Sheet metal will be the same, but trim might be different.

Summit also sells sheet metal, but not for cheap. You'll probably find better prices at Rockauto.

5. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Classic Industries as well. I was able to get a LH lower rear quarter for my 63 Valiant

6. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes
    Level III Supporter

You might try YearOne Racing. They have parts for the Valiant/Duster/Dart. Here's the link: https://www.yearone.com/SearchResults/Chrysler-A-Body/fender