AF: Considering 2010 Compass | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering 2010 Compass

Discussion in 'Compacts: Renegade, Patriot, Compass, Caliber' started by bguy, Nov 9, 2014.

1. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    DW and I are considering a 2010 Compass that is for sale at a nearby dealership. Having not yet seen the car in person, is there anything specific to look for as a warning flag to avoid this vehicle, other that the normal caveats with a vehicle this age? It has 2.4 auto w 4x4 and 55,000km.
    Thanks for reading.

Brian

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

By 2010, the overall vehicle quality had improved markedly. I know that the older ones had suspension joint wear issues.

3. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

I have a 2013 Patriot, and some of the suspension issues are still there, sadly.

4. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

Ball joints?

5. gforce2002

Not sure about this round, I still have to take it in to see about the new noises before the warranty's up. There's something in front and something in back. I can't remember what it was they replaced in back about 15k kms ago (now at 55K kms) - maybe rear sway bar mounts or bushings? I'll have to look back at the work sheet. I will say that it's much better than my 2009 Patriot, which had more suspension issues and earlier in its life.

6. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

Well guys wish me luck. We signed on for a 2011 ( I much prefer the body styling ) North Edition with just a tad under 51,000km for a thousand dollars more. We take possession Thursday. I haven't read much about CVT issues as of late. Have they mostly gone away?

7. browens1534

browens1534 Well-Known Member

Check jeeppatriot.com for more info. The Compass/Patriot MK section on here is kinda dead... I'm there as brycmtthw
    I will attest to CVT issuees.. I bought my 09 with 73k miles on it, CVT nuked itself at 75k.

8. gforce2002

Just an update on this - dealer replaced front sway bar bushings and eliminated that sound from the front. I *think* I still hear something from the back, but it's very minor if it's there. Also on the last trip, they had to replace a rear wheel bearing and the driver's door hinge needs replacing again (So counting the original, this will be its third in 57K kms.)

There is also a vibration through the pedals and sometimes the manual gear shift on acceleration and deceleration around 2000 rpm. They didn't fix that the last trip, but I've rebooked. It has also started shuddering sometimes on releasing the clutch when starting off. I guess a bad motor mount can cause these symptoms?