AF: Consumer Reports Picks Chrysler 300 over Lexus LS | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consumer Reports Picks Chrysler 300 over Lexus LS

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by HoboChangba, Jul 9, 2020.

1. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Still a great looking car.

2. HoboChangba

HoboChangba Well-Known Member

It's funny but the cars with the largest resale value aren't Chrysler 300's. Always articles pop up and it's always BMW's, Audis. Mercedes. Jaguars et al. Some serious depreciation (maybe that's why a great many people only lease them).

3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

If a car has poor resale value then it is not a good candidate for a lease because the payment will be larger, unless the manufacturer is subsidizing the lease.

HoboChangba likes this.
  4. HoboChangba

Luxury makes usually have a fairly large percentage of lease deals since they cost so much. Leasing is always letting people into cars that a fair amount of time they really couldn't afford if buying outright. They too have big bucks on the hood. They just don't advertise it like the regular brands.

aldo90731 likes this.
  5. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Indeed. Plus most luxury automobiles depreciate like a rock. Last time I checked, 80% of Audi and Infiniti's business, 60% of BMW, 50% of Mercedes were leases.

The two luxury automakers with the lowest lease penetration were Lexus and Acura. Incidentally, they have a stronger durability reputation, which makes them good candidates to hold onto after the warranty runs out.

Having said that, Acura has been doing very poorly on the JD Power VDS (Vehicle Dependabililty Study) in recent years.

6. HoboChangba

It's funny but my son works at a body shop across the street from an Acura and Nissan dealer.They do all their body work and a bunch of mechanical work as well for them. The one constant is how poor the paint is on a bunch of Acura's. Especially the past two years. Always doing repaints on cars less than three years old and sometimes get them right off the truck. Something is going on there. My son is surprised because of always hearing about their quality. He's not seeing it as much again over the past two years. Won't even go into Nissan. He pretty much doesn't like them. All kinds of problems. Especially electronics / sensors and programming.

hmk123 and aldo90731 like this.
  7. Panterasr9

Panterasr9 Active Member

This is awesome never thought I would see this! Thanks for sharing !

8. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

And the irony is that it may be the FIAT division who winds up leaving the US market.

9. Bearhawke

Lexus IMHO lost its way, compared to 1990 or at least when the 2007 LS cheapened the earlier models. Why I say that is, despite new car teething troubles; by around 1992 the Lexus LS400 was proving to be a (potentially) deadly threat to Mercedes Benz, since that rebadged Toyota Celsior basically offered a better S Class and, for much less $ than the top Mercedes.

10. Bearhawke

And the standing joke is that Lexus basically used the 1960-61 Plymouth Fury/Savoy front grille.

AvengerGuy and Adventurer55 like this.
  11. Bearhawke

12. Bearhawke

I'm guessing I'm one of the outliers here, if discussing that opulent family room. Admittedly; I'm prejudiced in favor to the amber/burnt orange/gold colors. I'd prefer said family room if it was a touch less fussy with the textures of the floor,walls and ceiling...........

jimboy likes this.
  13. Morty

Morty Well-Known Member

Better looking that the present horrible front end:)

jimboy and JA Cumbo like this.
  14. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Find a good dealership, I didn't. Car is going on its third abs sensor and rattles galore.

15. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

OMG. That awful Yeti Cooler console. Stop it. Just stop it.

16. Citation84

It at least has a clearly defined shape

17. Citation84

Amen, brother.

Part of the reasons sedans are being replaced by CUVs. Not even the illusion of roominess any longer. Just fat: consoles, A,B,C pillars. Fastback roof line, suck rear headroom, not even a hatch to compensate for that stupid "coupe-like" roof, narrow side windows, awkward trunks.

somber and AvengerGuy like this.
  18. Citation84

Does the name "Diamante" strike a familiar note ? I think Genesis will end the same way

ScramFan likes this.
  19. aldo90731

Hyundai has already shown a lot more commitment towards Genesis than Mitsubishi ever did towards Diamante.

20. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

FWIW, Diamonte was created by Chrysler Australia, after acquisition by Mitsu, which probably did not help. NIH.