AF: Consumer Reports Picks Chrysler 300 over Lexus LS | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Consumer Reports Picks Chrysler 300 over Lexus LS

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by HoboChangba, Jul 9, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Thank you for the link. I constantly have to point out to my clients the difference between reliability and durability.

PS - Interestingly, buyers of traditional body-on-frame trucks seek durability; car buyers want reliability. This is part of the reason Jeep and Ram get a pass on durability despite their questionable day-to-day reliability.

Tony K and HoboChangba like this.
  2. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Mopar Jerry and tlc like this.
  3. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

Full table:
    [​IMG]

4. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

Land Rover Defenders are much the same, which is why they're so popular for overlanding. They were basically agricultural equipment, the 8N Ford of pickups. Likely to break down, but really easy to repair in the field.

5. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Hmmm... I’ve been doing consumer research for 25 years; first time I hear of the American Customer Satisfaction study.

Identifying individual survey participants is a contravention of established market research standards and ethics. Survey results are expected to be anonymous precisely to avoid biases in their responses. Individual participants can be quoted only under their expressed permission, but this is mostly limited to proprietary-type studies —i.e., studies conducted confidentially by a company, in this case one of the automakers— for internal use, not for publication.

Also, according to the article. "The ACSI was started in the United States in 1994 by researchers at the University of Michigan, in conjunction with the American Society for Quality in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and CFI Group in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Index was developed to provide information on satisfaction with the quality of products and services available to consumers. Before the ACSI, no national measure of quality from the perspective of the user was available."

Really? That’s odd. JD Power started in 1982.

page2171 and gforce2002 like this.
  6. svevar

svevar Well-Known Member

Really? I've seen high ASCI scores touted in advertising by businesses in various industries for many years. There are even articles on Allpar about Chrysler/FCA's showings in past years.