Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contingency Money / More Dodge Challengers in Trans Am | TA Class?

Discussion in 'Motorsports / Racing News' started by Muther, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

Dave Z likes this.
  2. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I can't tell from the link if their chassis is for Challengers only or if it fits under other brand bodies that race in the series. Does this series require the engine manufacturer to match the brand of body being raced? $500 contingency for a Dodge motor/body pairing doesn't amount to much in the world of racing expenses.

3. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

This chassis is specific to the Challenger, and Challenger body. Each chassis and body are spec. and each builder (and body maker) must be approved by the race series.

Each body is unique to that model, and must bear resemblance to the production version.

Each car must run an engine based on the production version. Certain allowances are made. For instance, in this case they are using the 855horse R5P6 (or whatever the hell it it). It does not run a Hemi. Horsepower and torque are regulated, but each engine is thoroughly Mopar (or Aston, or Jaguar, or Mustang, or Vette, etc).

They try to make each car as unique as possible, while still making a level playing field. It is a pretty good recipe.

The TA cars are full on bat-outa-hell beasts. The TA2 cars are easily the best bargain in racing, the most bang for the buck racers anywhere. Overall, Trans Am is probably the best run racing series going. It is a shame that more folks don’t see it.

4. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

I think that someone posted about T/A a while back that a Gen III Hemi powered Challenger would be legal in certain classes. It may have been you and I apologize for not remembering exactly what was posted - memory doesn't fire on all 8 anymore like it used to :(.

5. Muther

Muther Well-Known Member

YesC there is a genIII race Hemi used in the Challies in the TA2 Class. Not sure why they don’t use a race Hemi in TA, I assume that none have been developed that live comfortably up at that power level, and possibly an over abundance of the NASCAR engines.

Beentherebefore likes this.