AF: Convert Aero to SXT? | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convert Aero to SXT?

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by Dave Z, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

I would like to convert the suspension of my Aero to that of an SXT. Can anyone tell me whether this would be dangerous or foolish? My assumption is that I could replace the shocks, struts, and springs — and that's about it.

The goal is (a) to stop the car scraping on every incline and (b) to get the nicer ride of the SXT and up. The Aero has a very stiff suspension.

Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

It may be doable. A Dart (PF) Mopar parts catalog and the sales codes for an SXT steering and suspension could help one look up the part numbers. Then Google the part numbers for availability and price. Still, it may be cheaper and easier just to find an SXT.
    Slightly taller, softer tires may help with bottoming and ride, as long as you don't mind a possible speedometer error. I have had a new set of tires completely change the feel of a car in a very positive way.

3. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

The ground clearance is too low to be practical. I think the tires are the same profile as the SXT.