NewsNew Pacifica trim to hit sweet spot? • Does the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dart window whistle

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by Dave Z, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

So does anyone else have an issue with a Dodge Dart window whistling at speeds from 30 mph on up? It stops if a rear window is lowered slightly. I can’t seem to find where it’s coming from - I went so far as to tape over some of the window sections.

2. iNeon

iNeon Member

I have found myself attempting to roll up the window the rest of the way because my car does this, too.

My guess: Thinner side glass for Aeros which are using the same window channels as the rest of the Dart line-up. Give the window a little shake when it's halfway down. They're not very secure.

3. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

What years? There is a diagnostic procedure to pinpoint a leak common to most all vehicles that is covered in the service manual. A whistle is often caused by low pressure outside a moving vehicle (the whistle is air being pulled out of the vehicle, not being pushed into the vehicle). There are also 2 TSBs for Dart (PF) side glass noise.
    TSB 23-009-15 addresses a pop/click (or perceived looseness) in either the left or right side glass when partially down. It involves greasing the track inside the door.
    TSB 23-024-16 addresses a door rubber seal distortion caused by the door glass. This can usually be seen with a visual inspection outside the vehicle. It involves replacing both the seal and the glass.

4. Dave Z

You are probably right, iNeon. ImperialCrown, 2013. I'll check the door rubber seal distortion.

5. iNeon

iNeon Member

Mine is a 2015 and the whistle is mostly on the highway. Changing the airflow or rolling the window down and up again usually fixes it and it's not related to a single window.

All the door panels also rattle, but stop if you give a little pressure to the very center where all the panels meet.

Dealerships would just blame the window tint or speaker upgrade on mine, so I'm not going to worry about addressing it with them.

The Dart, perhaps only the/my Aero, just seems loosely built.

But I always remember that the neon had even worse windows(and a factory sunroof that was never good) and noises/rattles. Sure had a nicer seat, though! I miss that car's cushy padding and soft velour so much.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  6. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES" Level 2 Supporter

It's pretty sad when people are seeing this on 4 yr old cars, and my 33-yr old Daytona with 155K miles has rattles and squeaks, but apparently not as bad as newer cars.

7. DBY2014

DBY2014 Member

Never any whistles with my 2013 Dart Limited. I am seeing my paint starting to blister at the edge of my hood though, on a 4 year old car. :(

8. mopar22

mopar22 Member

No wistles but there's times where i feel like there's more wind noise then normal. I also have deflectors on the 4 windows

9. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

Side-window Ventshades, hood air deflectors, spoilers and other add-on body accessories can cause wind turbulence which will create more noise.

10. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

I have an early 2013 SXT, which I bought in December 2012 and not a squeak or a rattle, except for the NEW sunshade. It is a good little car, but likely needs replacement in the next few years.

11. Dave Z

I think the Aero is in a special class for crappiness.

I have no body add-ons. I think it's the guides, worn at 37,000 miles.