Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytime Running Lights

Discussion in 'Dodge Dart / Viaggio' started by paullybob, Jul 1, 2017.

1. paullybob

paullybob Well-Known Member

So, I'd like to have my DRL's switched to use the fog lamps instead of the turn signals. Had this done on my 2009 Caliber SRT and it was a simple matter of hooking up what I think was a DRB or Witech to the OBD port and accessing the proper menu to make the switch.

Anyone here familiar enough to know if it can be done to my 2016 Dart?? I believe some states now require DRL's so it may be become a more relevant question in the future.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Crawdaddy, Jul 1, 2017
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Member

Switching to the fog lamp is not an option available. Might be an option to turn them off and then install aftermarket DRL module connected to the fog lamps. Look in the settings menu of the radio and see if it offers to turn DRLs off. If not then they most likely can't be turned off.

paullybob likes this.
  4. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

In the past, once the DRL's are intitated to be turned on, via StarScan, it can't be reversed. (Market dependent) Power to the DRL's seem to be split with the turn signal on anything I've had from FCA. When you signal, the DRL on that side goes off.

#3 MPE426HEMI, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

DRL is an option in the US. My '07 Caliber has the sales code for the embedded DRL option and they can't be selected 'off'.
    The older BCMs used to have a country code selection with the scan tool where one could toggle to meet the market requirements of that country. I wouldn't recommend it as it may change other safety settings that are unnoticed at the time and illegal for where you are.
    Most customer preferences can be set by the EVIC or radio display. If you don't see it listed there, then it probably isn't an option as Crawdaddy says.

6. paullybob

Starscan, That was the other tool I was thinking of!! Anyway, thanks for checking in with me on this issue, guess I'll switch to LED turn signals and get it over with.

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Member

LEDs will probably cause "lamp out" to set. As they will not pass a continuity test run by the controller.

paullybob likes this.
  8. paullybob

Yeah a simple resistor setup will cure that easily enough. Silly though, the rear is completely LED so why would they not make that Continuity check LED friendly all around??