Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Detroit Area Car Show / Auto History Enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Other classic cars' started by Lee N. Burns, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Lee N. Burns

Level 2 Supporter

Looking for the owner of the car seen below. He and I spoke at length perhaps 5-6 years ago at a car cruise on Garfield Road in Clinton Twp. He was retired from Chrysler's Highland Park facility and purchased the car from the Lynch Road lot after it had toured various auto shows. He was into sailboats, so this car was a natural to pull the trailer and take to yachting events. His grandchildren were there with him, and they appeared to be interested in preserving the car and its history.

This car (badged as "Mariner") was one of at least two C-bodies that were lightly factory-customized for the Auto Show Circuit.

The reason I'm seeking... I recently found what I believe is the 3rd of the set (Chry/Ply/Dodge). Before I undertake restoration, I'd like to interest Hemmings or another high-end auto magazine in a story about the cars. This would help preserve the history, and I believe you might be able to answer a few questions about my car.

[​IMG]

Please feel free to spread this link around to other enthusiast boards.

2. AlPards

AlPards New Member

that's a great looking car. have you found the owner?

3. Joe Dart

Joe Dart Member

Have you tried contacting Brandt Rosenbusch - Collections Manager at Chrysler Historical?

His email is: brandt.rosenbusch@fcagroup.com

Good luck with it.

4. Joe Dart

Joe Dart Member

In the hobby many retired design office, product planning, marketing, and engineering employees are still alive and active.

Reach out to Mr. Rosenbusch.

#4 Joe Dart, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017