Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Alfa make a Large Ad Buy or did MT legit love the Giulia?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by TripleT, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Tomguy

Level 2 Supporter

GasAxe, CDJSalesPro and UN4GTBL like this.
  2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Congratulations to Alfa Romeo.... (Reid Bigland looks thrilled)... makes me happy knowing that the Giorgio architecture is a class act to hopefully push the next generation of Dodge unibody RWD/AWD products to similar success.

Smitman, humdrum, djsamuel and 6 others like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

That was such an amazing car... the Eagle Vision errr Chrysler 300M. One of the funniest cars I have driven ever was a 2004 Chrysler 300M Special... absolutely loved that car.

4. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

I loved those too!

5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

FCA US/Chrysler Group/Chrysler Corp Motor Trend COTY winners...

[​IMG]
    2005 Chrysler 300

[​IMG]
    2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

[​IMG]
    1999 Chrysler 300M

[​IMG]
    1996 Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan

[​IMG]
    1995 Chrysler Cirrus

[​IMG]
    1981 Dodge Aries and Plymouth Reliant K

[​IMG]
    1978 Dodge Omni and Plymouth Horizon

[​IMG]
    1976 Dodge Aspen and Plymouth Volare

[​IMG]
    1969 Plymouth Road Runner

djsamuel, AlfaCuda, GasAxe and 2 others like this.
  6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]
    1963 AMC Rambler (Yes, an AMC buy Chrysler bought them)

[​IMG]
    1957 The Entire Chrysler Corporation

[​IMG]
    1951 The Entire Chrysler Corporation

7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Motor Trend Truck of the Year Winners

[​IMG]
    2014 Ram 1500

[​IMG]
    2013 Ram 1500

[​IMG]
    2010 Ram HD

[​IMG]
    2003 Ram HD

[​IMG]
    1994 Dodge Ram

[​IMG]
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

FCA US/Chrysler Group/Chrysler Corporation has never had a SUV on the Motor Trend SUV of the Year list since it debuted in 1999.

8. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Active Member

Looks like RRB beat me to the punch on the PT cruiser amongst several others.

10. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Alfa and FCA! It proves the point that better products are all that is needed for good press.

11. Mr. Fusion

Level 2 Supporter

That's awesome...I never knew that Rambler won COTY. That 1963 model was the first full redesign of the Rambler Classic since the mid-50's, IIRC.

Rambler is a seriously underrated marque, IMO. When the rest of Detroit was going for over-the-top ostentation, Rambler quietly made practical cars that could fit in a damn parking spot. That seems to have lent them a "dorky" image that unfairly persists to this day, but if I had been a shopper back then, those practical qualities would've definitely appealed to me.

12. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

Alfa Romeo Giulia Named Motor Trend’s 2018 Car of the Year®

Giulia Outclasses Competition With the Style, Performance and Technology True to its Italian Heritage
    • 70th annual Motor Trend Car of the Year award honors the vehicle that best represents advancement in design, engineering excellence, safety, efficiency, value and performance of intended function
    • Motor Trend judges evaluated 26 models with 46 variants to determine the Alfa Romeo Giulia as 2018 Car of the Year®
    • The most awarded sedan of the year, the all-new Alfa Romeo Giulia reinvents the premium mid-size sedan segment with an unprecedented level of Italian craftsmanship, class-leading performance, state-of-the-art technology and a true passion for driving
    November 27, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The editors of Motor Trend today named the Alfa Romeo Giulia as its 2018 Car of the Year®, best representing exceptional value, superiority in its class and impact on the automotive scene.

“The Motor Trend Car of the Year award acknowledges all of the hard work, dedication and passion that went into developing the entire Giulia lineup – including our record-breaking Giulia Quadrifoglio – which revolutionizes the segment and pays tribute to our storied heritage and racing pedigree,” said Reid Bigland, Head of Alfa Romeo. “We are honored to be the first Italian brand to ever receive this prestigious award and we’re excited for the future of Alfa Romeo here in North America and abroad.”

Motor Trend’s Car of the Year program is open to any all-new or substantially upgraded 2017 model-year vehicles. Rather than being compared against one another, contending vehicles are first put through Motor Trend’s full battery of performance tests to measure acceleration, braking and limit handling.

All contenders are then evaluated on three separate courses at a professional automotive test center before finalists are selected. Out of its third largest field ever, Motor Trend’s judges narrowed the field to eight Car of the Year finalists, including the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

“Motor Trend’s judges agreed that the Alfa Romeo Giulia is the new ultimate driving machine,” said Ed Loh, Motor Trend Editor-in-Chief. “Alfa Romeo developed a car that is perhaps the finest handling sedan on the market.”

All “Of the Year” contenders were selected by Motor Trend judges and evaluated against six key criteria: advancement in design, engineering excellence, safety, efficiency, value and performance of intended function. The 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia best represents these six key elements, which also characterize what consumers most want in their next vehicle.

Contenders are put through a grueling battery of tests to determine which vehicles best represent exceptional value, superiority in its class and impact on the automotive scene. The 2018 Car of the Year competition included more than 7,000 miles of driving, including real-world testing with potholes, jagged pavement, steep grades, misaligned railroad crossings and avoidance maneuvers.

Alfa Romeo Giulia models feature an all-new, all-aluminum, 2.0-liter, direct-injection turbo engine with an eight-speed automatic transmission that delivers a class-leading, standard 280 horsepower and 306 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing it to launch from 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds, and achieve a top speed of 149 mph*.

As the lineup’s “halo” model, the Giulia Quadrifoglio highlights Alfa Romeo’s performance and motorsport knowhow with its best-in-class 505 horsepower, 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.8 seconds and a record-setting 7:32 lap time around the legendary Nürburgring – fastest ever by a four-door production sedan.

All Giulia models offer:
    • Near-perfect 50/50 weight distribution thanks to Giulia’s all-new rear-wheel-drive Giorgio architecture and class-exclusive standard carbon fiber driveshaft
    • Class-leading horsepower
    • Unique Italian style and craftsmanship to the premium mid-size sedan segment
    • A 55-year heritage of Giulia’s lightweight, performance sedan tradition and more than 100 years of brand history, carving its legend on road courses around the globe
    FCA US Media

danbek and UN4GTBL like this.
  14. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Nice for Alfa but dont think it will make much of a dent in FCA'S bottom line . It is out of reach of most buyers.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  15. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Don't forget the Plymouth Roadrunner (MTCOY)

16. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Don't forget the Plymouth Roadrunner (MTCOY)
    The higher end ones will but give them time, you'll see lower end ones (*Cough* 320i) on every city street corner soon enough.

17. bluskye

bluskye Member

So wondering why you think the Alfa is out of reach for most buyers? The Alfa Guila can be bought for the mid 30's. A lot of US cars (i.e. Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Chevrolet , etc.) are in that price range. Just wondering why this is out of reach of most buyers?

18. Ernesto

Ernesto Active Member

I paid about $21,000 for my 2015 well equipped 200 Limited. A similarly equipped Giulia at my dealer is a good $10,000 more. Too strong for me. My dealer has been stuck on 15 Giulias for weeks now with little incentive to clear the lot.

19. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Eww are you really comparing a Standard Midsize Sedan (not even top Trim) to a Executive Luxury Sedan?

GasAxe likes this.
  20. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Put a V6 in C200 and a lot of other options and you would end north of 30k few years ago.

Do the same with new Accord or Camry.