NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital dash on my 86 Daytona? Plug and play?

Discussion in 'Daytona and Laser' started by torgtoe, Mar 10, 2017.

1. torgtoe

torgtoe Member

Hello again - its been a while, but im still here in old Norway, waiting for dry and hot days.
    Thing is, i found an 85 le Baron GTS turbo 1 for sale. Now the car is to old and rusty for me to bother with, but there is a digital dashboard that i have always wanted for my 86 Daytona.
    So does anybody have a feeling if this would be an easy install ?

Chrysler Le Baron (at https://m.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=91235267 )

2. marty mopar

marty mopar Member

#4312654 1984-87 Laser/Daytona are the same

#4374208 1986-87 H Body

the car you have pictured is a 4 Door and is an H Body

the 2 types listed above DO NOT interchange !!!!

I have 14 of the G Body ones and all have some sort of problems....poor reliability to say the least!

3. torgtoe

torgtoe Member

hey
    Really ? That was disapointing, - but since you have 14 of these, i quess you know what you talk about? Could you see my link?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

Usually he digital and analog dashes have different wiring harnesses so you may need wiring pigtails to transplant one.
    At least it's old enough I don't think you have to swap computers to make it work.

torgtoe likes this.
  5. torgtoe

torgtoe Member

Thanks Valiant . I quess ill need to compare a couple of dashes and see if i can manage to Exchange pigtails :)

6. Lee N. Burns

Lee N. Burns Member

Typically the reliability issues are ancient capacitors on the circuit boards, or cold solder connections. A person with knowledge of electronics can usually handle those issues.

7. torgtoe

torgtoe Member

Yes that is a good tip - reminds me that i actually did this repair myself on my Dodge (Chrysler)Stratus dash some years ago, - i had forgot.