Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diving into new Mopar V8s

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, commercial trucks' started by Dave Z, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Rumors of a new Mopar V8 engine have been flying around for a while. This mysterious engine, to replace the entire Hemi series, is largely an unknown; but we’ve collected some rumors and speculation. None of this has been verified. First, our industry experts say that, while they might try to keep the efficient Hemi […]
    Read the whole post here.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  2. Old School Cool

If I were a guessing man, I would suspect that this rumored V8 and the rumored I6 would share combustion chamber geometry, valve gear, pistons, cylinder size and connecting rods with the upcoming Hurricane 2.0 turbo. 0.5L/cylinder, known emission and combustion performance and a lot of shared parts.

BMW has done this for the past few years w/ their 0.5L/cylinder engines and been successful at doing so.

Just speculating

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  3. Shane Estabrooks

Shane Estabrooks Active Member

Love all the new tech coming but hope there is still an engine with HEMI in the name.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Technology is the name of the game. Have to meet or exceed the 'ever-raising' benchmarks set by other manufacturers. Make it have good low-end torque.
    Ram has a good reputation for engines. The Pentastar V6 currently makes a good base engine. The Hemi® and Cummins® name will hopefully remain.

5. fireater

fireater Member

i just wish they would have snapped up the v8 cummins

6. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I kind of agree with you here.

G.M. has named 4, 5, 6 and 8 cyl Engines Vortec since about 1995 with success.

Ford has EcoBoost in 3, 4 and 6 cyl Engines, essentially a replacement for Turbocharged.

HEMI could continue on as a marketing name.

Thanks
    Randy

7. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

They could have. Current V-6 is a better engine if only based on fuel consumption. For some reason Cummins has struggled to put out a superior V shaped smaller (1000 cu/in or less) engine. Not a bad engine but not near as good as the "B" series.