AF: Dodge’s clever marketing: $10 off per horsepower - Dodge Power Dollars | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge’s clever marketing: $10 off per horsepower - Dodge Power Dollars

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by hmk123, Aug 1, 2019.

1. mentalicca

mentalicca Well-Known Member

See that is a fun way to offer incentives. If only it was $100 per HP the Redeye would be mine.

HotCarNut, Doug D, hmk123 and 3 others like this.
  2. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Well-Known Member

Thank you FCA. I traded in my '15 Hellcat for a '19 Redeye Monday. Great deal on an awesome car. Also got some found money. I have $2500 coming back on the canceled extended warranty that I had on the Hellcat. At some time in the future I expect a hybrid Hellcat and Redeye Hellcat. Nothing too radical. Just a power boost of say 50 to 75 HP or so with equivalent torque. The tech exists and is already in use on some vehicles. I considered this before getting the Hellcat Redeye and, as a purist, decided that a supercharged hemi golf carted Hellcat is just not for me. I've watched the fastest Teslas race. One word describes them: "Boring". No sound, vibration or smell and no skill required to drive them. And, before the younger generation chimes in, I admit being somewhat of a dinosaur.

jam1, HotCarNut, wilbur and 3 others like this.
  3. fast98dodge

fast98dodge Totally Spent
    Level 2 Supporter

Talk about perfect timing! My 2019 Scat Pack Challenger Widebody is in F status today and the dealer I'm buying from assured me they'll make sure the necessary paperwork will be done even if the car hasn't arrived by the last day of the rebate period which is 9/3. I also received an additional $1000 rebate via a Dodge mailer the other day so it looks like I'll be saving a total of $5850 on my new Challenger! Woo hoo!

danbek, wtxiceman and MoparJoe like this.
  4. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

No inventory around me....1 Scatpack widebody, no 1320's, no T/A's...just a couple plain Scatpack's. What I've noticed is the dealer's replaced their discount with the factory one...so no real change in price. Looks like the real benefit is if you had one on order.

wtxiceman likes this.
  5. Junkman George

Junkman George Active Member

I'm not sure so-called discounts/incentives or any other thing you want to call it is a good idea.

I believe folks are starting to wise up. No one is going to start giving cars away for less than cost, and all these marketing gimmicks are showing folks just how vastly inflated the prices are on FCA vehicles, or anybody else's vehicles that are being deeply discounted.

Might just drive (literally) folks down the street for what is perceived as "honest pricing".

6. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It's not just an FCA issue. All the "domestic" brands are doing it.
    To a much lesser extent, even Toyota is pushing discounts now.
    Keep in mind, the more vehicles you move, the lower the cost per unit is so profit/margin and volume are interrelated.

7. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Well-Known Member

As [​IMG] posted in another thread just the other day I had some fine folks take advantage of the the Horsepower incentive.... They love their new Scatpack and saving 5k was not a bad thing either. (the customer requested the yellow guards be left on)

wolfsblood07, jam1, aldo90731 and 3 others like this.
  8. mentalicca

It's not a generational thing. Teslas, to me, lack presence, they have no visceral appeal. While I applaud them as a technology disrupter, they really have found a way to make performance boring.

FCA actually is really great at the viscera game. My 392 Dynamics Package Charger makes me smile every time I drive it (though it may be short lived if I find my deal on a Durango SRT, but the DSRT is even more fun for someone living in a Snowy/Rainy state).

hmk123 likes this.
  9. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

That's a big boy...good to see he fits in the Charger.

aldo90731 and Zagnut27 like this.
  10. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

I agree that it is a fun way to offer incentives, and it fits with the performance image Dodge is after. It might even encourage buyers to look at higher performance models that they otherwise wouldn't look at.

Doug D likes this.
  11. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

I thot u meant the car at first.

12. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

May be enough to get me to order a Durango SXT , been putting it off .

13. mentalicca

You mispelled SRT.

14. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

:D

15. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Yeah wish I had that kind of money ;)

16. mentalicca

Power Dollars continues through the end of this month now. Makes sense since they want to wind down the 2019 inventory and make way for the 2020s

17. Clinton H Davis

Clinton H Davis Well-Known Member

Since we're buying a new Challenger right now, I went and checked the Dodge site and it looks like they have indeed extended this to the end of September.

We ordered our car over a week ago, might be cutting it close on the 30 September deadline for taking delivery.

We ordered a Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker with a few other package upgrades. Hopefully we can get this deal because that would save us almost $5000.00!

wilbur and MoparJoe like this.
  18. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Wouldn’t your car be a 2020? The offer is only for 2019s it seems.

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  19. ralph.jones

ralph.jones Well-Known Member

Traded the wife's 2016 300S on a Scat Pack Charger and took advantage of the $4850 rebate and $2500 discount. She loves the new car and so do I.

MoparJoe and wtxiceman like this.