AF: Dodge’s clever marketing: $10 off per horsepower - Dodge Power Dollars | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge’s clever marketing: $10 off per horsepower - Dodge Power Dollars

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by hmk123, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Clinton H Davis

Clinton H Davis Well-Known Member

Nope, 2020 ordering isn’t available yet, so we ordered a 2019.

Which is fine because there’s no guarantee that the color or options we want will be available for 2020.

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Oddly your order was past what was published as the cutoff for 2019s. They must have extended it.

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  3. Clinton H Davis

I got the word today that our car is in "D" status and getting built. I guess ours will be one of the last 2019s made. They said it should ship by the end of the month.

4. Clinton H Davis

Just wanted to give an update...

Due to someone I can't mention doing something I can't talk about which resulted in me not being able to replay on here for awhile, I, well, haven't replied on here for awhile.

That said, we got our car delivered almost exactly 30 days from the date of ordering it. I was worried about the car not being configured correctly, but it was perfect, the way we ordered it.

I have to say, compared to our previous two 5.7 R/T models, this car is a constant exercise in restraint! In sport mode it really wants to go and I haven't had the guts to put it in track mode yet!

This is, I think, the perfect balance between power and heritage in that this R/T has the power and goodies than R/T used to, and still should, represent. I wish they would just get rid of "SRT" and make anything with a 5.7 or bigger an R/T.

Any way, we love the car. It really stands out with the Sublime paint. The exhaust system actually sounds good from the factory, not super quiet like both of our 5.7s were. Plus, it sill gets 30 MPG on the highway in auto mode with eco active.

And with all the rebates/discounts etc we paid less than what we paid for our 2015 5.7 R/T.

Sadly, 3 weeks after getting it, a guy crossed 3 lanes of traffic and side-swiped me in it at 40 MPH. Luckily it was all minor damage and the body shop already fixed it, good as new. Really ticked me off though.

Oh, and yes, it was built as a 2019. I guess we got the order in just in time.

MoparJoe, aldo90731, hmk123 and 3 others like this.
  5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

It is a bit nuts that the 5.7 is dubbed R/T, historically speaking, but SRT replaced R/T nearly 20 years ago, so it's not going back. That said, they really are giving deals on the 392. They're great cars. Instant-on torque. It's the only muscle car that tempts me from the rice rockets.

6. Ryan

Agreed. I need an SUV but for several reasons I want another Charger or Challenger with a 392.

7. aldo90731

I haven’t test driven a 300 with the 5.7 HEMI and the 8-speed. But the 0-60 numbers I saw awhile back were in the high 4s. That’s pretty close to the 4.5 seconds of my 2007 300C SRT8 with the 6.1L HEMI and the 5-speed auto.

hmk123 likes this.
  8. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I thought it was funny when the 8-speed first came out and the 0-60 time was the same as the original 5.7 Hemi Charger. That transmission was a major gain. Sadly, Chrysler coudl have been there earlier: Bob Sheaves reported, credibly, that they considered a ZF five-speed or six-speed (I forget which) for the 300M. It dropped the 0-60 time by around one second, he said, while increasing economy; but you know Bob Eaton. “Hey, that'll cost money!”

aldo90731 likes this.
  9. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

I still want to get a Challenger R/T so I played around on build and price. To get the Red interior I still would have to take additional packages I don't want or need for over $5000 more. They haven't learned a darn thing about how to sell more of these cars. They really need to offer more interior color choices that cost the same as Black or Gray

10. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I was playing around on TrueCar and found Challenger R/T's from $15K to $27K. A couple were red or Mango Orange. And a few were with a manual transmission. Probably the route I will go when I get my wife's Equinox paid off. Even with the Power Dollars discount I can't afford a new one.

11. Thom Paré

Thom Paré Active Member

Traded my Charger R/T and picked up my 392 Challenger last night with Power Dollars and an EP discount from my retired dad.

maxwell58, hmk123, wtxiceman and 3 others like this.
  12. Danny Roberts

Danny Roberts Active Member

You can use EP and power dollars? That's enticing.

13. Thom Paré

Thom Paré Active Member

Absolutely you can! There are also the smaller military and police/fire discounts that can be added, but I couldn't get access to either of them myself. I wouldn't have been able to make it happen if it wasn't for the power dollars and EP combined along with my wife's approval (hehe).