AF: Dodge 1st to be 1st (JD Power ranking) | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge 1st to be 1st (JD Power ranking)

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by LeeRyder, Jun 24, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

@valiant67 Indeed, it is nice not having to explain the JD Power methodology for a change.

@KrisW Correct, the criteria they use for ranking and giving awards does not pass significance testing, as usual.

@Dave Z Yes, it’d be nice if Dodge held onto these results for two or three consecutive years. Then we would know for sure we are seeing a trend.

Tony K likes this.
  2. GuidoFL

GuidoFL Well-Known Member

My new 2012 Challenger SXT Plus, zero issues thru 3 years lease. New 2018 loaded Challenger SXT Pus, zero issues to date. I just wish the survey named the ratings of each Dodge products as I'm sure the Challenger is at # 1 after talking to other Challenger owners. !

3. MJAB

MJAB Well-Known Member

Maybe J.D. Powers should also publish the list of which companies use their services, what kind of services and when. :D

Results, maybe they just changed the base of customers used and dealers at which cars were bought.

romalerig and T_690 like this.
  4. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Charger was #1

somber and danbek like this.
  5. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Whoa! Wasn't expecting this! Glad I bought my 2019 Durango... 8500 miles. Perfection still. Although it's gathering some dust in quarantine.

Bajanbuoy and danbek like this.
  6. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

I guess the pessimistic view would be this should be expected when you've had the same vehicles for 10 years. :)

Bajanbuoy likes this.
  7. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

@JKU12 Not really - IQS is about the new-car experience, and a lot of that depends on the dealership doing the PDI properly and explaining the features; it also rewards dealers who use a return for one fault to to a top-to-toe check for any other issues. When JDP does go into details of where they're getting their scores, you see that cabin controls and infotainment are the major "defect" sources -- having seen Toyota's latest system, I can't think of any other reason why they're now in the bottom half of the table (maybe rattles, as they've moved to more adventurous interior styling).

The three-year Vehicle Dependability Survey is always a better indicator of manufacturing quality, because while 90 minutes is enough to spot really bad construction, 90 days is too soon to see if something was well made, or just looks like it was.

Deckard_Cain, JKU12 and T_690 like this.
  8. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step.

This is only the first step, albeit a good one.

Tony K, Mopar Jerry and BASONE88 like this.
  9. turbonetic

turbonetic Active Member

Old fleet and got rid of the cheap FWD stuff. Its no surprise the LX triplets do good, they always have.

10. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

When LX first came out it was far from always good, they didn;t start to get their act together till LD and even then that wasn't till their major update in 15

11. Scottina06

Scottina06 Active Member

Imho they started getting better in 2017+

12. Clinton H Davis

Clinton H Davis Well-Known Member

I took a couple of surveys after buying our new challenger. Its a 2019, picked up from the dealership in October. So far its been great, no issues. This is our third modern challenger and I've noticed the fitment getting better on each, specifically the trunk/taillight alignment.

Something interesting I've noticed on all three though, is when you've been driving a while and the car is warm/hot, the hood will warp slightly. What I mean is the left from corner isn't aligned with the fender... until after it cools off. Nothing I can't live with and nobody else seems to notice it.

They sure notice the Sumblime green paint though. I've had people pull up next to me on the freeway to take pictures and give me a thumbs up.

13. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

There is the door delaminating issue that seems to have started in 2017. Don’t know if it started any earlier than that though. I was 10 days out of warranty when I noticed mine...

14. mopar22

I think that's been an issue for awhile. I know the older Grand Cherokees have (had?) that issue too

sickboy likes this.
  15. aldo90731

I gave up buying L-cars altogether after getting burnt, twice. The best ones for me were pre-FCA.

16. Ryan

My 2015 had that problem. I also had to replace the plastic pieces on each side of the center console because those warped/came unglued. I waited until a few days before I traded it in to replace those because I wasn’t confident enough that it would be a permanent fix and didn’t want to have to do it again later on.

Aside from that and the usual 2015 radio glitches, it was a good car.

somber and sickboy like this.
  17. Beentherebefore

Level III Supporter

Yes, that's backed up by comments from Dave Sargent, VP of quality at JD Power. He was quoted in an article about the survey in the "LA Times". According to Mr Sargent, "the fact that these cars have not been redesigned for many years helped but they've done a really good job of improving their quality" - "it's not a fluke that they did well".

Keep at it Dodge!

AvengerGuy, tlc and Zagnut27 like this.
  18. WXman

WXman Active Member

RAM #4 on the list, and well ahead of Ford in pickups! WOOO! I love my 5th Gen Ram 1500! Fantastic truck! If the 3rd Gen EcoDiesel keeps treating me well this might be my long term truck!

saltydog likes this.
  19. mopar22

Ford is the entirety of ford vehicles, not just trucks. If you go to jd power ram isn’t even in the top three for trucks (Toyota, gmc, then ford)

20. WXman

WXman Active Member

I thought Ram was specifically a truck brand now. Dodge makes the cars, Ram makes the trucks/commercial vans. Am I wrong?

Article says Ram actually tied for 3rd. My bad.