Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Atlantis

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Terrymc1, Nov 14, 2017.

1. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

What's funny is that it's basically already there. (although it seems I was a little more aggressive with how big that lower opening is on this version)

[​IMG]

REVISED:

[​IMG]

suzq044 likes this.
  2. eggwhite93

eggwhite93 Active Member

I have noticed that the insiders have stayed away from this topic as well. Hmmm.

cygnus and Zagnut27 like this.
  3. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

There's two ways to take that:
    1 - "we've been over it 102310982319012 times.. and don't feel like reiterating it again. "
    2 - "we can't say anything because .. y'know, we like our jobs and want to keep 'em"
    3 - "we can't say anything because .. well there's just not enough information for us.."

Zagnut27, Zachary and UN4GTBL like this.
  4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I can count, I swear.. *ahem* three ways not two. xD

alltel12, GasAxe, M.O.D. and 8 others like this.
  5. duster92

duster92 Well-Known Member

Atlantis sounds like a Chrysler name. Pacifica....Atlantis..Oceanic names. My guess is it is a CUV because Atlantic is the Opposite side of Pacific.

ScramFan, Zagnut27 and suzq044 like this.
  6. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

I realized you were using the same accounting method used to prepare the US Federal Budget.:D

#46 77 Monaco Brougham, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    Morty, Zagnut27 and suzq044 like this.
  7. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Possibly, but probably not much without cut rate pricing to go along with it... :rolleyes:

suzq044 likes this.
  8. facelvega

facelvega Member

Could just do another Chrysler minivan that's a cost reduced pacifica. Make more of the content optional, change the front bumper, grille and front/rear lamps so pacifica buyers who paid 40k don't feel shortchanged, use different lower spec materials on the interior (delete chrome,gloss plastics and some soft touch content, simplify the steering wheel etc) , option limit it in terms of infotainment, sunroof, wheels, luxury features etc and slap an existing name on it like voyager or town and country or just keep grand caravan. The challenge is cheapening it without making it crap or not suitable for the brand. But fca have shown they can do this sort of approach with cars like the tipo which feels 95% as good as its competitors for 80% of the price.

Deckard_Cain likes this.
  9. UN4GTBL

Level 2 Supporter

I'm not sure what else they can pull out of a Pacifica L to be honest. The middle Stow N Go is gone too.

CDJSalesPro likes this.
  10. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

I was beginning to wonder if you were adding up FCA's monthly sales numbers for them a few years ago. :D

UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  11. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Atlantic or Atlantis I just hope they will offer a classic AWD system and not just electric motor for rear axle.

12. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

yeah... not happening. sorry

codypet likes this.
  13. wdundas

wdundas Active Member

I am a daily viewer of Autoline Daily. My jaw dropped when I heard john McEmroy briefly mentioned this report about a Dodge Atlntis. First I checked that it wasn't April Fools Day, but it wasn't.

The article he quotes from is behind a members login, so I pursued it no further. It makes no sense at all. The reasons have been fully canvased in this thread.

Look forward to a base model Pacifica in 2 years time to coincide with the retirement of the Dodge Caravan and the arrival of a Chrysler CUV based on Pacifica.

The only piece of the jigsaw that is confusing is the recent announcement by Sergio that Maserati will make a smaller SUV than Levante based on the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Is this in addition to a Dodge Journey replacement based on the same platform? Badge engineering is back in fashion apparently.

suzq044 likes this.
  14. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

This isn't going to be badge engineering. Badge engineering is like the Dodge Shadow and Plymouth Sundance where you had to look at the hatch to see which model it was. If the Stelvio, this new Maserati, and the Journey replacement all share the same platform, I am 99.9% sure that they won't share a single body panel.

GasAxe, tlc, Deckard_Cain and 2 others like this.
  15. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Hey i like your screen name on the tailgate.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  16. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

Right now they're dominating the minivan segment with the strategy of having dual models from Chrysler and Dodge. Would they still dominate the segment with just the Pacifica?

I think that even with a lower trim level for the Pacifica they would still loose a significant edge in the market for Toyota and Honda because not all Dodge costumers would jump to the Chrysler Pacifica.

The Chrysler and Dodge brand are very distinct from one another (even the minivans are). So they SHOULD release a Caravan minivan to make sure they still keep the minivan segment under their dominance.
    The strategy of dual models from Dodge and Chrysler is working well in the minivan and full size sedan segments. Why change this formula when it is clearly yielding great results??

If I was a decision maker at FCA I would even try to expand this approach to other market segments. A sporty Dodge and a more confort/luxury focused Chrysler compact and midsize crossover (not to mention sedans).
    The VW group does this with VW/Skoda/Seat. All generalist brands with clearly defined positioning. VW as the main brand, Seat is the sporty one and Skoda the more economical/space focused one.

What an amazing and insightful comment on how I was wrong.

jimboy, somber and GasAxe like this.
  17. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

The problem is that the Caravan isn't dominating because it has a different character than the Pacifica. It is dominating because FCA can pretty much give them away and still make money on them. Why is that? It is because they have invested almost no money into the Caravan since 2011. A 2018 looks almost identical to my 2012. Park them next to each other and the biggest difference between the two is mine doesn't have the two red slashes on the grill.

So, what happens when FCA makes a Dodge version of the Pacifica? They have to raise the price. Then the vehicle that sold because it was cheap suddenly gets a higher price. Remember how well that worked out for the 200?

18. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Sounds like the article combines the old, abandoned plan (a Dodge CUV off the Pacifica) with the possible new name for the long rumored Chrysler CUV with the angst that has to be felt about ending the Dodge minivan which has such a strong following in Canada. So many slivers of plans over the years came together for one very unlikely future product.

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

I have yet to hear anything about a Dodge Grand Caravan replacement. I know that Chrysler is working on two new additional trims to advise the Dodge Grand Caravan GT and SXT buyer and making a vehicle very similar in content if not a little more for around the same price as those models. That would include options that aren't currently in Pacifica for example the 7.0 Uconnect screen and an over head single DVD screen. The recent "S" package available on Pacifica is another way to lure Grand Caravan GT buyers over to Pacifica as well.

Dodge Grand Caravan does not align with how the portfolio for the Dodge brand is directed to. It also is one of the reasons why the Journey will be replaced by a Chrysler brand vehicle. Dodge will introduce new products including a RWD/AWD mid-size performance based crossover to better align itself as the performance arm of the FCA US portfolio.

[​IMG]

The Dodge Grand Caravan is selling well for one reason only.... value. It is only $30,000US for a top of the line GT model when for the same price you can get a step up from the base model Chrysler Pacifica LX. The reason why FCA US is eager to keep the vehicle is because unlike the Pacifica, the Grand Caravan is well paid off so it is pure profit coming in. It is the same reason for the Journey. Similar situation happened with the sales of the older Compass and Patriot.

But I have yet to hear anything about a Dodge Grand Caravan replacement for 2020. 2020 for Dodge will be the launch of the crossovers and SUVs. Durango and the midsize crossover are due for launch... that is if the midsize crossover hasn't been pushed back to 2021.

[​IMG]

FCA US has plenty of plans for production room at Windsor. Including finally launching a full-size crossover based on the Pacifica for the Chrysler brand, as well as a new midsize electric autonomous vehicle based on the Portal Concept which will also share a smaller version of the Pacifica platform.

UN4GTBL, ScramFan and Deckard_Cain like this.