AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 110 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Some people believe that nothing good can ever happen to them. So even when Chrysler appears to be answering decades' worth of enthusiasts' dreams by building a modern muscle car that looks like a proper vintage Mopar and is even powered by a Hemi, for these folks (who seem to be overrepresented among Mopar enthusiasts... there's an interesting thesis paper in there somewhere) there HAS to be something wrong with it. The pillar is what those people are seizing on -- expect several years worth of discussions on how Chrysler "screwed up" the Challenger and how these cranks won't buy one because of the pillar.

2. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

Da&#(@( , the door ceil plates are fastened down with only 4mm screws instead of 5mm screws....
    That's it, I'm not buying it, it's junk....

Stop it now everyone, this is the Mopar God's gift to us. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth...

3. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

I have a hard time believing the No B-Pillar crowd when they say “no longer considering the Challenger”. I have doubts they where true potential customers, perhaps not all but most anyway.

4. georgejetson

Supporter

It makes a great excuse, though, doesn't it?

5. st34

st34 Member

This is quite possibly the best looking, nicest vehicle ever conceived of from this company in their entire history yet there are people out there bad mouthing it before it is ever launched. Unbelieveable. Give it a chance? We haven't even seen one up close yet. The facts... It looks way better than any E-body original, It will have a modern suspension that will be considered state of the art compared to any muscle car from say... forty years ago. (And that's how long some of us have been waiting for a car like this). It will have modern emnities and will not be a "beer can". What more could any one want. I personally have dreams about this car. There's too much at stake here to botch this one up. Have a little faith. I think we will all be pleased in the end.

6. JohnRogers

I don't know about that. In some aspects yes but it looks a little to tall and the smile under the bumper is corny. It is more Challenger than I ever dreamed would come true. It will be my first new car, I passed on a Mustang GT when I saw the concept spy pics.

Why haven't we seen more spy shots, do they leave the grounds daily?

7. georgejetson

Supporter

:lol:

I think the best looking Chrysler vehicle ever is the '96-'97 Viper GTS in blue. I think the best looking old-school Mopars are the '71 Plymouth B-bodies, specifically the GTX and RR, and the '68 and '69 Chargers (the '70 just doesn't do it for me).

I think the new Challenger is pretty hot, though, and is totally worthy of being compared with (and parked next to) those cars.

8. JohnRogers

What would it take for a reputable shop to create this, what would it cost?
    http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93633

9. torobud

torobud Member

Actually GJ while I haven't been b*tching about it like some other people I am disappointed to see a B-Pillar.. of course I am looking at it from a design stand point of making it easier to add a convertible version at a later time... The additional cost now of developing a pilar-less design would be one less price adder when it comes time for the drop trop version...

10. georgejetson

Supporter

Truth be told, I don't like the pillar either (I had one of those pillarless '74 Chargers, way back when)... but there's so much that's good about the car that I just kind of get frustrated when these old-school guys who should be rejoicing seem to go out of their way to find something to hate about it.

I dunno, but that's totally my favorite of Doug's pictures to date.

11. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

I would love that car, love it a lonnnnnnngg time. I had several B-bodys. They are my favorite Stock mopar. Nice photo chop Doug.

12. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

They're METRIC?!?! children born out of wedlock!

:lol:

13. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Great taste! Those are probably my favs too, just in a different order.

Dad had an orange '71 RR with the black & orange interior my senior year of high school.
    My 1st vehicle purchased was a used '68 Charger. Never could afford a Viper.

The new Challenger is great, but it looks huge sitting next to an original.

14. neon_obsessed

neon_obsessed Active Member

I am buying a Challenger. Even with all its metric and B-pillarness.

15. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

I love that GTX chop, I am really happy they are bringing out the Chally, but I have to admit, I would buy the GTX hands down ANY DAY! Oh well, thats what resto mods are for right?

16. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

Any chance this will be a China car?

17. srt4evah

srt4evah Well-Known Member

:lol: Dude, that was awesome!

18. JohnRogers

Can we have this threaded pinned beneath Charger? We have 605 pages to play catch up.

19. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Hmm, I was thinking maybe February 11th for start of production, too early?

20. BCSharp

BCSharp New Member