AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 115 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Stratuscaster

Stratuscaster Vaguely badass...
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

No link, as it was in an actual, you know, hand-held paper. ;) The Daily Herald, to be exact.

In true 60's/70's retro design, they'd be with the brake lights... ;)

2. chazcron

chazcron Member

The location on the front is more problematic, as no one has reported seeing where they are on the concept. I did see a night video of the concept and the side reflectors lit up. My guess is that since the front and rear clips don't wrap around like almost all late model cars, that those side reflectors will double as turn indicators in addition to whatever front and rear ones are used.

Here's my impression:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

Has a date been set for dealer to order any of these cars?

4. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Could you do a flash representation of the front blinkers using the LEDs of the six-gun ring as the indicators?

5. chazcron

chazcron Member

Sure enough, I considered this cool-but-unorthodox configuration, but felt that perhaps motorists wouldn't "get" that it was a turn indicator; too unconventional, thus confusing. Confusion could lead to accidents, accidents lead to lawsuits.

That said, it is exceptionately cool, so here it is:[​IMG]

And a rear gif to boot. (pun intended):[​IMG]

6. the cp

the cp Active Member

I suspect that the rear turns will be with the taillights, as in a red blinker, not amber. My Avenger is that way, and I don't mind it at all. I actually prefer it to a standalone amber portion (such as my 95 Stratus).

7. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

Am I the only one who REALLY hopes the front end doesn't look like the above pictures? It has really killed the look of the car for me. No offense Chaz, not saying you did a bad job, just saying if it looks like that, I am having second thoughts.

8. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I think it's always best to wait and see what the actual metal looks like. A tiny detail missed, a tiny proportion changed, a tiny something-that-was-covered, can make a huge difference.

9. chazcron

chazcron Member

Absolutely right, G. That front clip is child born out of wedlockized from a similar angle from the concept, it isn't the right angle. I warped it as best I could. The snub nose look, unfortunately IS accurate to the shape under the bra, but the angle of the underside is a guess. I agree with you cp and only made the tail amber to see if the worst case senario was palatable. You may remember my earlier attempt to make a plain hood for the same reason. ( I also removed the hood sticker on another version. No offense taken, 71.

10. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Cool-but-unorthodox? yeah

Unconventional? Definitely

Confusing? I'm no so sure people wouldn't "get it". Maybe, I have more confidence in people understanding that those six flashing front facing LEDs are the turn signal. ;)

Thanks for doing the gif though. It definitely would be a departure from the norm, and I like it. :lol:

11. chazcron

chazcron Member

Can't leave it alone, y'all. Can't credit the photog, culled it off some car site. Just trimming the concept to the known production parameters, sort of. February may make a liar out of me, but here it is... in a bold blue.

Anyone who's taken their own wicked digital pic of the concept, I'd love to do the tranform, in the color of your choice. 3-5 megapixel prefered.

[​IMG]

12. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Hot dang, I like that!

13. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

wow, more nice work chazcron. is there any way you can make the transform with any of the pictures of the concept with the smaller, more closer to production sized wheels that we've seen when its been on its test drives? Orange with the black hood as that is the color scheme i would want. you did do one for me a few pages back, but you said it was a quick mock up. thanks.

14. chazcron

chazcron Member

The wheels are smaller, BDW. I hacked em down a bit. I usually change the color to take it further away from looking like a hacked concept.

15. MoparMantis

MoparMantis Well-Known Member

Ohhh, I like that one.

16. the cp

the cp Active Member

Hey chazcron, I noticed most of your revisions of the Challenger seem to have the crosshair grill removed. Is that just wishful thinking on your behalf, or did I miss something regarding that?

17. chazcron

chazcron Member

I'm basing it on the close up camo shots of the mesh portion of the bra that cover the grille. In those, there is no cross hair:[​IMG]

I don't know about you, but I think Dodge has done the crosshair to death. If the crosshairs are there, I'd be ok with that. My renders attempt to handicap the production as much as possible to see if the design can handle it, ie. shortened overhang, blacked out rocker panel, raised crease, etc.

18. the cp

the cp Active Member

so i HAD missed something--that particular spy shot...

gotcha, now i know where you're coming form... but i wouldn't bet the crosshairs are gone completely... i don't mind them, as long as they're tastefully done and don't consume the whole front end of the vehicle...

Journey is one of the nicer renditions of it i've seen recently...

19. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

One of our Brampton sources -- imtooparanoid, IIRC -- mentioned that there was a run of S0s done without crossbars. There has been some speculation that that's the SRT version.

20. chazcron

chazcron Member

I can't afford the SRT, so I might need to put the crosshair back in. Or add a ducktail. They may only have the concept hood on the SRT too, so I may have to make some with plain hoods.

Hmm. You'd think they'd do the reverse, STR with the crosshair and the regular one plain.
    S