AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 116 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

I'm hearing all SRT's, nothing else for the first batch. I hope this is not so....

2. chazcron

chazcron Member

I heard the other way around. If it is only SRTs at launch, it'll be another long wait and see.

3. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I heard 6.1s and V6s for the first run, but the 6.1 isn't the SRT. That was a few months ago, though, and it's possible that things have changed (again).

4. MoparJoe

I heard all 6.1L, so assumed SRT. That would make the 6.1L the RT, and possibly 6.? the SRT to follow. Sorry for my quick jump
    on the word SRT.....

5. dado

dado Guest

Is there chance that challenger will get phoenix V8 later in future instead of hemi?

6. MoparJoe

7. dado

dado Guest

Just asking. I've read somewhere that there be only one more generation of Hemi engines so i'm wondering what then.

8. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Then Phoenix-based V8s, or so we've heard from a source, but I haven't heard anything about timing -- and I wouldn't be surprised to see them branded as "all-new Hemis".

9. dado

dado Guest

But isn't phoenix V8 supposed to be DOHC (or sohc) and not CIB (cam in block)?

10. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

Now that pic, on the other hand, is HOTTT!

GJ, not trying to be a doom and gloomer, and your right of course, I was just worried. :unsure:

11. mofan

mofan Active Member

just saw a dodge commercial with the challenger in it! only for a few seconds though. it was after the race, they showed it drag racing against an original challenger. sweet!

12. chazcron

chazcron Member

One from the rear. Lots of speculation here. I only put the backup lights above the Dodge because there are holes there on a bra in a spy pic. I don't like it there, and hope it wont be, but as I am trying to handicap, here it is:

[​IMG]

13. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

OK some body needs to find it and post a link, I'm at work so I'm limited. I did notice that Dodge updated its Challenger web page.

14. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Have you thought about "whiting out" the entire Dodge section in the taillight?

15. JohnRogers

I just saw it a commercial covering the Dodge line up, at the end the new Challenger lines up against a 70 Plum Crazy. The new car leaves the 1970 standing still. :lol:

Nice spot Lexus Lady.

16. jwhite

Supporter

Here it is

17. chazcron

chazcron Member

Excellent idea, makes more sense and looks better. And as a reward, here it is in black:
    [​IMG]

18. hemiman876

hemiman876 Member

Awesome! Wonder how much they had to speed the footage up to make it look like the concept Challenger is really that fast...

...or maybe that's not the concept Challenger...

19. JohnRogers

20. Mopar_4_U

Mopar_4_U Guest

This might help clear up the rumours about model runs and their drivelines. Received internally. Deep pockets only need apply
    September 17, 2007
    To: All Dodge Brand Dealers
    Subject: Dodge Challenger Charity Drive – Exclusive Dodge Dealer Auction for Challenger #2
    Today we announced that three of the first all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger vehicles off the Brampton (Ont ari o) Assembly Plant production line – including the first two – will be auctioned, with proceeds benefiting three charities. This plan will generate increased exposure and a high level of Challenger prelaunch buzz.
    The three Challengers to be auctioned for charity will be Street and Racing Technology (SRT®) models. Each will feature a HEMI ® Orange exterior, hood stripes, a 6.1- liter HEMI V-8 engine, and a five-speed automatic transmission with Autostick®.
    Proceeds from Dodge Challenger No. 1 will benefit not MYkid – an organization dedicated to facilitating improved understanding about youth behavioral health issues including suicide, drug abuse, eating disorders and depression. Dodge Challenger No. 1 will be auctioned at the 37th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction Event in Scottsdale, Ariz., Januar y 12-20, 2008.
    Proceeds from Dodge Challenger No. 2 will benefit the United Way of Southeastern Michigan, through a private auction for Dodge dealers only. The auction begins September 26 on eBay at www.ebay.com/challenger2 and biddi ng will conclude during the United Way Charity Dinner on October
    3. See details below on how to register and bid.
    Proceeds from a third Dodge Challenger auction will benefit the Victory Junction Gang, in memory of Adam Petty. Details on the auction of a third vehicle will be announced at a later date.
    The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger will make its worldwide debut at the Chicago Auto Show on February 6, 2008.
    D. R. Jackson, Vice President - U. S. Sales
    M. J. Keegan, Vice President – Volume Planning & Sales Operations
    M. J. Accavitti, Director Dodge Brand and SRT Marketing
    How To Register and Bid on the Dodge Challenger #2 charity auction
    The Charity Auction is open to all Dodge Dealers but limited to those individuals listed on paragraph 2 of the Dealer agreement.
    You can contact Kompolt who is handling the eBay on-line auction at 1-805-201-2711, representatives are available to assist bidders with the eBay registration and bidding process. Hours are M-F 8am – 5pm Pacific Time.
    OR
    Follow the procedure below to register on your own.

1. All bidders will need to register with eBay if they have not already. Here’s a link to eBay’s registration page:
    2. Bidders will be going through Kompolt' s Pre-Qualification process and will need to fill out a prequalification form at the following secure address:​
    3. A Kompolt representative will contact them via phone to verify their contact information. The representative will also give instructions on what is needed to verify funds. We will be verifying funds either by having the bidder provide us a bank letter from their financial institution, or if it is easier for the bidder we will also accept a current statement from a brokerage account, checking account, or savings account. We will ask the bidder to cross out any personal information before faxing any statements and circle the current balance for us. The letters/statements can be f axed to 805-201-2720
    4. To place bids of $15,000.00 or more, the bidders will need to complete one of the following:
    A. Place a credit card on file with eBay (which takes just a few minutes):
    - or -
    B. Become ID Verified (There is a $5 fee and can t ake 1 - 3 days to process.):
    5. Kompolt will walk each bidder through a test auction on eBay with a starting bid of $15,000.00. We will ask all bidders to place a bid on the test auction in order to verify they are set up correctly. This test auction will allow us t o assure the bidders they will have no problem placing a bid on the live auction.
    = = = = Once the auction goes live = = = =
    1. Bidders will log in to eBay on their own, with their own eBay id and password and click the button at the top of the Challenger #2 page that reads: Place Bid

2. This action jumps them to the bottom of the same page where they will enter the amount of their bid. They have 2 choices: A: Enter a minimum bid noted by eBay or B: Enter the maximum bid they are willing to spend and walk away… and let eBay do the bidding for them. This second option is called eBay Proxy bidding. Here is a link for more info: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/proxy-bidding.html eBay will then ask the bidder to ‘review’ their bid on the next screen. If the bid amount is correct, then the bidder simply clicks the button that reads: Confirm Bid.

eBay will then present the bidder with another screen indicating A: “Congratulations, you are the current high bidder! or B: “You have been outbid”. Depending on the message, the bidder may or may not need to place another bid.
    Kompolt representatives are available to assist bidders with eBay set-up and the pre-qualification process. Hours are M-F 8am – 5pm Pacific Ti me: 805-201-2711