AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 127 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. TurboAWD

TurboAWD Member

I own that site and thanks to all the increased traffic due to those pictures we got kicked off our server! :angry:
    Hooking up a new one ASAP.

2. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

Sorry bro, I am definitely guilty in oggling the pics. But no more than 20 times I swear :p

3. oh2o

Level III Supporter

The pix are of course new, although I believe they originated on another forum. Some of the text information however, came right from Allpar.

4. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

redletterdodge.com (Dodge's official blog site) has some new information.

Here is an excerpt:

"Check in often with us for the rest of these interviews, and for more on the upcoming 2008 Challenger. As for Micheal’s (Castiglione) thoughts on the ‘08 ? “They nailed it,” he said.

And…this just in…in response to every Challenger question you’ve asked we can say Dodge will be releasing official pricing and some specs for your enjoyment after Thanksgiving. So hang in there!

To be continued…"

See: http://www.redletterdodge.com/2007/10/18/c...e-blog-readers/

5. woodstock

woodstock New Member

Challenger Designers Love Blog Readers

They seem to have a sense of humor:
    "there’s a few readers around here who care about the Challenger – what engines will be available, which colors, what prices, etc. – and have left questions for us, often followed by a threat to our health if we don’t answer them soon."

Since the designers are listening to the customers, I hope that everyone keeps things civilized. No need to get them ticked off and stop reading the posts.

6. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

The two-tone 2009 Dodge Challenger that was spotted in Detroit earlier this month, was spotted in San Diego, CA undergoing testing on mountainous roads. It was closely followed by Dodge chase vehicles complete with roof antennas.

Hopefully, this means that the new Challenger will handle as well as it accelerates!

7. fleshwound_NPG

because there are plenty of those between Devner and 'Frisco.

8. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

On another site, I have read that 5 different rear axle ratios will be used on the Challenger, with the lowest gears going on the SRT 6-speed followed by slightly higher gears on the R/T 6-speed. Both will have anti-spin rear differentials to handle the torque.

The SRT and R/T 2009 Challengers will offer both the 6-speed manual TREMEC MT, as well as the 5-speed W5A580 automatic. Also, there will be a push button start "Keyless Go" ignition system.

9. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

That's interesting. Apparently the Camaro will NOT have a keyless system, and their enthusiasts were quite pleased to hear that. I don't care either way, but it makes me wonder what the disadvantages are, if any.

10. faterotong

faterotong Member

I hope the LSD rumors are true! That would be awesome if they put in a lsd stock from the factory instead of using BLD like in the caliber.

11. johnsims

johnsims Member

LSD? BLD? What is this?

12. pbrutsch

pbrutsch Active Member

LSD = Limited Slip Differential
    BLD = ???

13. oh2o

Level III Supporter

LSD for the Chally 6-speed R/T and 6-speed SRT models = 100% accurate.

14. jwhite

Supporter

LSD=Limited Slip Differential

BLD=Brake Lock Differential

15. faterotong

faterotong Member

thanks jwhite for clarifying :p and thank you oh2o for the confirmation! wahoooo!

16. johnsims

johnsims Member

Ok, guys, pardon my ignorance. I know what limited slip is, but brake lock differential? Some kind of mechanical anti lock? Jake brake if you have too many groceries?

17. jwhite

Supporter

To my knowledge Chrysler uses what they call "Brake Lock Differential" on the Patriot (for Hill Descent) and the Caliber SRT4. It applies the brake to individual spinning wheels to reduce slipping. This is used in place of a mechanical Limited Slip Differential. Chrysler has claimed (in the case of the SRT4) that it is more efficient than the LSD's they tested. (I have no ideabut I bet it wears out the pads faster)

18. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

FUTURE PRODUCT -- CHRYSLER

Dodge plans big moves across line

Bradford Wernle

Automotive News | October 22, 2007 - 12:01 am EST

"...performance enthusiasts and guys over 50 are buzzing about next year's debut — the retro-styled, Hemi-powered 2009 Challenger.

Challenger: The prospect of the Dodge Challenger, a pony car for the 21st century, gets the hearts of dealers pumping. Sources say Dodge is rolling out the Challenger in two phases. A limited-run 2008 SRT will be shown at the Chicago auto show. It will feature the 6.1-liter Hemi mated to a five-speed automatic. Only about 5,000 will be made.

For the 2009 model year, Dodge will expand the Challenger with 6.1 and 5.7 liter Hemi versions. A six-speed manual will be added and possibly a dual-clutch transmission. Dodge will produce 30,000 to 35,000 in 2009. The 2009 version will be introduced at the New York auto show, sources say."

19. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

...unless it's a huge hit, in which case I'm quite sure they'll find a way to build as many as they can sell.

20. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

I always like the code "LTD", as per a 1977 Ford LTD. At that time is stood for limited to how many were ordered.
    Don't forget that even though the Magnum is slipping a bit, adding 30,000 to 35,000 to BAP is QUITE ALOT.