AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 137 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

thats exaclty what i'm lookin at now seeing how i probably wont be able to afford the 6.1. man that woulda been sweet...

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

3. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Oh, by the way, where's the money?? :p

Seriously, since we're getting close to the major auto shows, have the test cars been mothballed or are they still out running around in camo? I'm just wondering as there hasn't been any recent sightings.

4. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Bob, a little help. BVP? Thanks in advance.

5. dartndodge

dartndodge Well-Known Member

Holy Smokes...Ive just read the Challenger Page.

3.92 suregrip rear gear with the 6.1 SRT manual!!! :eek:

Dare I say, an easy mid 12s?? Stock??

I wonder if that ratio will be an option with the Auto?

Any word on a Challenger Export program?...or we looking at Nth America only....Again. :angry:

6. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

7. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

In today's Forbes.com, an article was written about Chrysler's plan to become profitable. One idea is to make the Dodge brand an exclusive truck division, like GMC. that would mean, we would have a Chrysler Challenger!

An excerpt of the article and a link to it are as follows:

"The risk in phasing out vehicles and closing factories is that it just continues a downward spiral. The latest reports are that the new leaders are considering turning Dodge into a pure truck division, getting rid of all its cars. It would make sense in avoiding duplication, but would wipe out some of Chrysler's best cars. It would destroy the effort to make Dodge a global brand, and frankly, be as dumb as the decision to eliminate the PT Cruiser. I can also tell you this: re-badging the upcoming Dodge Challenger sports coupe as a Chrysler will just not work."

http://www.forbes.com/opinions/2007/11/26/..._1127flint.html

8. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

I did not know that. Thanks for the information. What is BVP?

9. aeromaestro

aeromaestro Member

Thanks again, I'm glad we have you around for explanations.

10. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Wheels in Motion: Challenger Info Coming…Very Soon

A brief update for everyone so you’re in the loop:

The Challenger information you’ve been clamoring for is in the works as planned…it’s getting polished, the lawyers are eying it, the ‘i’s are being dotted and the ‘t’s being crossed. When it’s ready for release to the public, it will be here. Honestly, we’re as excited as you to see it out there…so believe us, we pass along your thoughts and desires for more on the Challenger every day. And as always, those thoughts are welcome and very, very much appreciated.

So again…thanks for your extraordinary enthusiasm for Challenger. We’ve got more Challenger interviews, insights and the much-anticipated production information in the pipeline. Your patience will soon be rewarded, dear readers…get your driving shoes on…

RLD

11. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Heck, we've got all that right here at Allpar. We just need the pricing, guys!

12. oh2o

Level III Supporter

13. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

LOL that's great! Unfortunately true for many delers.

14. catdaddy63

catdaddy63 Active Member

Back in 2000 when the first PT Cruisers hit the streets, Chrysler supposedly threatened to withhold future allocation to dealers who took the cars to auction to get the mega bucks rather than retail the cars. Whether anything really happened, who knows. At my dealership, our first Challenger is sold already, at sticker, whatever dollar amount it ends up being. Our GSM and dealer principal have already stated they will not sell one for more than MSRP. I'm ready for mine, I'm thinking TorRed (assuming it's available) R/T 5.7, 6 speed, TrakPak, plus a few other goodies, with any luck I should get it next fall! oh2o, any word on HID headlamps? I have them on my 300C Heritage and would love to have them on the Challenger.

15. oh2o

Level III Supporter

No problem, they will be an available option on the R/T and SRT versions of the Challenger. I am not 100% positive that they will include them on the 2008 first run models as I am not sure yet how those models are going to be equipped, if they are going to let dealers choose options or if the factory is going to "choose" them. But the 2009 models, absolutely 100% on the HID option.

16. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

A few months back I heard there would be only three options on the 08s: Nav, HID, and stripes. I don't know if that's still operative or not.

17. geraldg

Ad-Free Member

18. DGdaPilot

DGdaPilot Active Member

Good color. But I'm biased.

19. dana44

Ad-Free Member

Why no manual transmission option behind the 3.5? I know there hasn't been one behind it to date, but it isn't that hard a thing to do, especially whith a car company machine shop to do it.

20. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

So at $38K for the 2008 SRT what can we expect the 5.7 HEMI to cost?