AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 138 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Ramtuff

Ramtuff Member

Since the Charger SRT-8 starts at $39K, I would hope for the same price difference between the R/T's as well. Charger R/T starts at $31K, so I hope the Challenger R/T is $29-30K.

2. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

I think that's a good guess, and I agree with it.

3. GroovesnDaHeart

4. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

I’m trying to fight the urge, I know I should wait for a 5.7 HEMI and for rabid dealer mark up(s) to end but I want to go write a check for the down payment on Monday.

I need to go buy a 79 Magnum GT with T-Roof and wait for the Challenger heat to cool down.

…I don’t know if I can do it. :unsure:

5. VNT

VNT Guest

So invoice price would be $34500 or so for MSRP of 38K$

6. GroovesnDaHeart

I think there is going to be quite a line at the Dodge dealership on Monday. Man, I can't wait for these cars to hit the streets.

7. MoparMantis

MoparMantis Well-Known Member

I'm wanting the 6.4 in a convertible with autostick. That would be so much fun to drive in the mountains.

8. oh2o

Level III Supporter

+$2,100 GG tax...

9. mofan

mofan Active Member

10. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

It is cool and funny...the dude in the 1970 has a poor reaction time. :lol:

11. Seanjnl1

Seanjnl1 Member

I always enjoy watching that commercial.

One thing that I just noticed while seeing that spot, I wonder if they will offer the "flat top" rear spoiler for the new Challenger, like the one on the 1970? The ducktail is nice, but the flat-top spoiler looks so bad-a$*!

12. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

13. georgejetson

Supporter

14. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

I can't understand all the negativity at Red Letter Dodge about the fact they are only building 5,000 units to start. If you can't afford to bid for the painting...don't go to the aution.
    I don't blame Chrysler one bit, keep the hype, demand what price you want. I don't care. Make MONEY. SURVIVE. If people are willing to eat your $10.00 burgers...SELL them.
    2009 will be wide open, I still feel it will sell like hot cakes. Then come the convertables, special additons, BIGGER motors. THIS IS THE BEST TIME FOR US HARD CORE MUSCLE CAR
    FREAKS.

15. randyman2

randyman2 New Member

AMEN!

I want the (just wishing they make it) sR/Ta edition retractable "hardtop" convertible with the aluminum block 392 and carbon fiber front end, duck tail spoiler and 70 T/A style hood, 6-speed AMT with auto-stick AND column mounted paddle shift as well, in Plum Crazy with white leather interior. Loaded. Oh, and a way to make the payments come in under $500/month (I would take a 9 or 10 year loan out to afford this car if I could).

16. VNT

VNT Guest

that is the Nancy Pelosi tax :) forgot about that.

maybe you guys should have classified the challanger as a truck, done something fancy with the floor pan to work around the standards, kind of like the PT. Screw california and their looser hack politicians!

I want to wait for a RT stick convertible. Do you thing the Lifetime power train warranty will stick around for a few model years, say until 2010??

17. georgejetson

Supporter

How about a 30-year loan? :lol:

18. randyman2

randyman2 New Member

Hmmm. Maybe. ;) By then it should be time for the kids who see these now and can't afford them to have their mid-life crysis' and pay me the same price (or more) as I paid for it, :lol:

19. BillP2R

BillP2R Guest

These are the good old days!

------------------------ Bill

20. Nice one Chrysler, throw out the $38k price on the initial release and then correct it the next day. 95% of the autoblogs and auto journalists aren't going to correct their inital releases so the $38k number will probably live on until someone gets to the dealership.

$40k is still reasonable, but I won't be picking up an automatic so I guess I'll have to wait until the 09's hit.

I still think the biggest news here is that the 6.1L can be had with a manual... I will be eager to see how all of their torque management baloney is included in this setup. And by god, I hope they haven't upgraded all of their ECM/TCM trickery so we don't have to wait years for tuning ability again.