AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 146 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. mofan

mofan Active Member

2. HD

HD Active Member

3. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

Does anyone know if the 6.4 Hemi will be available in the 2009 Challenger model? I am certain that it is a lock for 2010.

4. chazcron

chazcron Member

Would someone please have the decency to break the photo embargo?

5. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

Check out Dodge's Canadian site at:

http://www.dodge.ca/en/challenger/

It contains a lot more information than its U.S. counterpart site!

(Note: When the Challenger home page opens, click the X in the upper right corner to access the other pages. Then ckick on "modern" or "retro").

Here is a sample ad:

"We didn't just bring back a legend. We created a new one. The looks take you back. The technology launches you forward. In creating the new Dodge Challenger, capturing the aggresive, muscular street presence of the original was just the beginning. Behind the head- turning looks of the concept model shown here, is a combination of advanced fuel efficient muscle, cutting edge technology and modern day comfort that will let the next generation of this legend deliver a high performance driving experience the original could only have dreamed of. Oh yeah, Challenger is coming back. And it's going to be badder than ever."

Well said!!!

6. the cp

the cp Active Member

2009 Challengers will have the 3.5 (SXT or SE, whichever it is) 5.7 (R/T) and 6.1 (SRT8)

Convertible and 6.4 have only been rumored since, well, since the 392 engine and Challenger Concept became public. Once again, rumored.

7. dakota2112

dakota2112 Active Member

( :lol: )

8. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

The 6.4 is a little more than just "rumored", but, as always, nothing's official until it's official.

9. the cp

the cp Active Member

I meant in a production Challenger it's only been rumored. Unless I've missed something, which is possible.

I know it's available as a crate engine, but last I heard it had not yet been green lighted for a production vehicle.

If I'm missing some info that has been made public, can somebody point me to it?

10. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I think some of the people in the rumor mill should not be believed. Not naming names but there were some wrong guesses and I can't say more.

11. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Please DO NOT POST COPYRIGHTED PHOTOS HERE!!!!

Especially when they show nothing new...

12. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

13. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

There are people who tend to speak of their department's proposals as if they are approved programs. That has caused confusion on more than one occasion.

14. chazcron

chazcron Member

There's a bit of a peek at the dash at autoblog, courtesy of Ms. Priddy.

Chally spy shot

Unfortunately, Jalponik, home of the hi-res spy shots, didn't pony up for these, so the lack of resolution hinders the goodies.

Haven't seen thesw concept knock-off wheels AFAIK, at least not with notches in the sides that emulate the holes in the concept's. I think I prefer the ones in the sneak production photo.

15. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Both the 6.4 and convertible were discussed here on Allpar, and with more detail than anywhere else, long before the recent Edmunds article came out. However, neither the 6.4 nor Challenger convertible have been "officially" confirmed. When the 6.4 was given the green light (internally) for a production version, I posted details here per which models it was being assigned to. Last I checked, the 6.4 was still a go, although I have not been able to confirm any firm production dates (yet). I do know that the 6.1L will continue into the 2009 model year (Grand Cherokee, 300C, Charger and Challenger). I still believe that the 6.4 will debut first in the Challenger, possibly in a special model, and most likely the 2010MY. Should know more in the months ahead.

16. jwhite

Supporter

Higher Res shot
    unfortunately it SEEMS that the trapezoidal design - at least of the air vents - was removed
    I agree bu these aren't bad either.

17. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

18. tsan300

tsan300 Lost

19. bigdaddywiz

bigdaddywiz New Member

20. tsan300

tsan300 Lost

Wow! Thanks! In the first picture it appears that the 'CHALLENGER' badge on the rear fender that was on the concept did not make it to production.