AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 153 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. DCAutoWorker

DCAutoWorker Well-Known Member

All Challenger's are based on the LC Platform. Current Chargers, 300's, and Magnums are basedon the LX Platform.

2. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

We've known for a long time that the 09s would have manuals. Seeing one -- albeit with a less pistol-grippy shifter than we expected -- is nice, but hardly Earth-shattering.

3. georgejetson

Supporter

Eh. Based on those pix -- and I realize that isn't a 100% complete production interior -- it looks like the car's interior is going to be more nice-corporate-Dodge than retro-Challenger. That's a mild bummer, but not awful.

4. Compared to the concept Camaro interior this is a revelation. Uncluttered, dark and all business... like a muscle car should be.

Now that we pretty much have shots of the entire production car, I have to say I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

5. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

If they offer a more pistol-grippy shifter as an option and I have not purchased yet I'll check that box.

6. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

As long as the material isn't cheap, the interior looks fine enough, from what I can see. Looking forward to seeing it n person up in Chicago next month.

7. georgejetson

Supporter

One of the Car and Driver cover pix clearly shows old-school chrome '6.1 HEMI' badges on the hood scoops. That's right up there with the fuel filler cap in the "coolest details ever" file, as far as I'm concerned. I'm so ready to be buying one of these things.

8. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

The interior was being changed from the concept as the sale that broke up DCX was happening right? During that time the Chryco side was known for inferior interiors. That should give us hope right?

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

If you want a pistol grip shifter, I'm sure someone will sell them aftermarket. Iin the meantime the current one is a good compromise.

10. georgejetson

Supporter

There was a report that one of Jim Press's first acts after coming to Chrysler was to order some modifications to the Challenger's interior. It was close to being done at the time of the sale, though.

11. Brently

Brently Guest

I don't like I would be happy if I pre-ordered a Challenger and later find out that it comes with that interior. I am sure most people who did order wouldn't care about what the inside offered.

12. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

The Challenger's mileage ratings have been posted on fueleconomy.gov. Here is what is says about the Challenger:

New MPG tests are more realistic
    Premium Gasoline

City 13
    Combined 15
    Hwy 18

Fuel Economics
    Cost to Drive 25 Miles $5.50
    Fuel to Drive 25 Miles 1.67 gal
    Annual Fuel Cost* $3302

Based on 45% highway, 55% city driving, 15000 annual miles and a fuel price of $ 3.30 per gallon . Use Your Gas Prices & Annual Miles

Energy Impact Score

Annual Petroleum Consumption
    (1 barrel=42 gallons)
    22.8 barrels/year

Carbon Footprint

Annual Tons of CO2 Emitted

Personalize Annual Miles 12.2

3.5 16.2

Safety NA
    Size Class Midsize Cars
    Engine Size (liters) 6.1
    Cylinders 8
    Transmission Automatic 5-spd
    Drive Rear-Wheel Drive
    Gas Guzzler yes
    Turbocharger no
    Supercharger no
    Passenger Volume 94 ft3 (4D)
    Luggage Volume 16 ft3 (4D)
    Engine Characteristics NA
    Trans Characteristics CMODE

13. DGdaPilot

DGdaPilot Active Member

Makes my Daytona look like a Prius! Well maybe not....I'm getting 16.8 mpg average right now.

14. fleshwound_NPG

An SRT8 425 HP 6.1L Hemi not getting great mileage.

Shocker.

15. 04RAMSRT10

04RAMSRT10 Well-Known Member

What about 3.5l numbers?

16. BigM

BigM Active Member

I'm guessing that won't be there until MY2009 is posted.

Maybe 1 mpg better on the highway vs. a Charger 3.5? If that.

What is the conventional thinking on the weight?

Comparably equipped Charger vs. Challenger maybe 175 to 275 pound difference?

17. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

The mileage of the 3.5L in the Dodge Charger is listed at 17 City, 24 Highway and 20 Combined.

Other engines are listed at:

2.7L= 18, 26, 21
    5.7= 15 23 18

18. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

19. Great job! It will be interesting to see how they end up differentiating the three interiors as far as the I/P goes. Push-button start *might* be an available option on the base model but it will be standard on the R/T and SRT. Three different radios will be used including of course MyGIG. But the A/C controls will be the same across the board and I haven't seen any mention of silver, carbon fiber or other color bezels.

20. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Dodge Challenger simultaneous world debut - Chicago auto show AND the Philadelphia auto show on February 6th...