AF: Dodge Challenger | Page 154 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Challenger

Discussion in 'New Challenger, 300, Magnum, Charger' started by hemi_magnum, Nov 21, 2005.

1. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

2. nitroram33

nitroram33 Well-Known Member

Look at the post directly above yours :lol:

3. jtramort

jtramort Guest

Now thats funny. I was gonna fly from Philly airport to go see the Chicago show. Thank you Dodge for hitting the "easy" button for me.

4. CudaAAR

CudaAAR Member

There was a post on another site that said the new system in the Challenger will be keyless (called "Keyless-Go"). All you will have to do is press the button on the key fob to start the car. In addition, the system has "proximity entry", so you can simply walk up to the vehicle and the doors will automatically unlock.

Also, the Start button will be on the dash and the 0-60 timer will be like LX models, in the EVIC display.

5. james.mooney.

james.mooney. The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"

YAY! I am so going. I live 20 minutes from there...

6. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

I wonder how it knows that you're not just walking PAST the car, without intending to lock the doors?

Anyway, more interior pics (haven't seen them posted elsewhere here yet).. Complete with some inane Autoblog commenters.

7. tsan300

tsan300 Lost

Wow...they didn't even bother to change the steering wheel from the other LX's....LAME! It doesn't kill the car, but that interior shot shows no creativity or derivation from the Charger. No uniqueness, no sporty touches. Kind of dissapointing. But, I still want one!!!

8. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

But but but it's got trapezoidal air vents!

Yeah, you're right. And I still want one too.

9. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

The steering wheel sucks salty knads.

10. 03dakrt

03dakrt Guest

I agree a 3 spoke was in order for that car. Oh well I still want one.

11. chazcron

chazcron Member

cleaned up interior pic:

[​IMG]

Oh20 forewarned us that "if you like the Charger interior, you'll like the Challenger." or words to that effect.

12. tsan300

tsan300 Lost

So the answer is supposed to be "no"???

It's disappointment more than anything else. Chrysler had the chance to make the interior as race-inspired, jaw-dropping, and awesome as the exterior, but they blew it. It just blows my mind that any car company would essentially re-use the interior of one car (Charger) which has been blasted by the media and the public for a bland, uninspired, boring, drab interior and then apply it to the most awesome looking vehicle the company has produced in decades. It's just really disheartening. Hopefully the new Hemi destroys Mustangs so easily that you'll be too busy looking at the rear-view mirror to notice the bland, poorly-finished dash! :lol:

13. georgejetson

georgejetson Ordo Templi Moparis
    Supporter

Yeah, we heard that from a few places. Looks like that was good info.

I still wouldn't mind a clearer pic of the seats.

And y'know, I don't mind it. Gimmicky interiors can be hit or miss -- the Mustang's is getting old quickly, and the Camaro's looks like it's going to be scare small children. As long as it comes in black, I'm fine with it.

14. It's quite possible the steering wheel is just an LX piece thrown on to make the test car functional, is it not?

They could have a proper retro one by the time they start rolling out of Brampton.

15. JohnRogers

JohnRogers Paper Tag Rubicon

Bah, if they don't offer the wheel as an option I'm buying an Accord.

16. james.mooney.

I am assuming that the doors will only unlock if you walk up to it with the key fob in hand. Perhaps the doors relock after a few seconds if the doors aren't opened? Just a guess.

17. Ramtuff

Ramtuff Member

Any ideas as to what the giant red and yellow button is for? I don't know what is it, but it's kind of an eye sore, so it better do something really cool. lol

18. james.mooney.

That's the "Easy" button. It eliminates traffic, turns traffic lights green, and makes you invisible to law enforcement.

19. faterotong

faterotong Member

I think that button is just on the test cars as a emergency shut off button kinda on forklifts.

Personally, I think that the interior is perfectly fine. I quite like it actually. Simple and straightforward. The 'Stang's looked old to begin with, and the Camaro's spy shots so far make it look too futuristic and too retro at the same time for my tastes.

20. 71GTX

71GTX New Member

Looks fine to me. The only thing that could have been a deal breaker was no 6 spd. Since that has been taken care of nicely, the only thing left will be for me to do a side by side comparo of the Z/28 (SS?) and the 6.4 Challenger. I am so torn betwee the two. Eventually I will own both, but come 2010 I want one bad mo-fo pice of Detroit (via Canada ;) ) Iron.